35. World wide web day

A U T H O R

Abhimanyu and the change in his behavior was the top headline of The Birla Hospital. From nurses to junior doctors everyone knows this and enjoys this milder version of him. These days, he skips his paperwork and checkups to nag Akshara. And finally this week, he was occupied with his work and a packed schedule, with less time for his favorite hobby of nitpicking and complaining about Akshara's work.

Abhimanyu was finally busy with a patient because there was no hint of her since the morning and he concluded it would be better if he does anything productive rather than waiting for her. Out of nowhere someone trashed the door and rushed in, Abhimanyu even without glancing in the direction, knew who would probably do that.

"We can become parents," Akshara ran into his cabin and screamed happily. A nurse was standing in front of him who looked equally shocked looking at Abhimanyu who just dropped all his reports in shock. "WHAT?"

"I'm sorry, Sir." The nurse seemed uncomfortable with them having that conversation in front of her. With that voice, Abhimanyu made sure he wasn't daydreaming and Akshara looked embarrassed when she recollected her choice of words. "Akshara give me a sec." He looked at Akshara, his face expressing a mix of emotions. Akshara bounced her head in understanding and they both silently agreed to continue the conversation later. The nurse excused herself and left the room.

"Now tell me again what you were saying?" He settled back in his chair ready to listen to whatsoever stupid things she talks because of course she wouldn't stop until he paid attention to her and He was ready to give her his undivided attention but that's when he remembered what she said. "Wait what did you say before?" She rolled her eyes and sighed. "Yes you heard it right, we are going to become parents." He was in shock. He couldn't believe what he had heard. Suddenly, he screamed out cluelessly, "But how?"

"Pet parents," Akshara said happily, relieved but still confused. "What do you mean?" he asked looking into nothing and then suddenly uttered an "Ohhhhhh." He sat down calming himself down and processing the information she dropped on him like a missile which later turned into a snowball.

"So, I talked to my friend. She's a vet." Akshara continued without looking at him, "So she informed me that they have 4 dogs currently ready for adoption." She added, "And it's not an awful idea." She smiled in glee. Abhimanyu nodded vigorously. "No way," Abhimanyu was firm in his decision. "I'm not letting a dog enter my room." She looked at him freaking out for no reason and shrugged carelessly. "It will stay with me, in my room." Akshara shrugged her shoulders carelessly."What if we get infections?" Abhimanyu offered another option of dodging the bullet

"You know, vaccinations exist." She looked at him with a dropped jaw as she was done with his reassuring complaints. "And this is the 21st century." Abhimanyu sighed "Nothing to do, be like a good girl and go back to your cabin." and sat down with a posture emphasizing his point.

"We will be parents, isn't that amazing?" Akshara shouted looking at him with a hopeful look holding his hands. A knock on the door forced Abhimanyu to snap back, restoring his poise."Sorry to disturb you," a nurse said as she entered the room to inform him of the appointment he had scheduled with the patient. Akshara got up to leave and gave him an adorable puppy look, but he looked nonchalant to her antiques.

" It's like he was never too fond of pets," She thought to herself as she observed Abhimanyu's response. "But I'm sure he'll warm up to the idea once he meets them." She smiled to herself, happy with her plan.