20. 1 2 3... I am so Sorry

Abhimanyu strode front and back looking at the door, which has been shut since last night. He understood he did something unimaginable, he was so immersed in anger he forgot to see if she was fine or not. With every passing step, cursing himself increased. He wanted to apologize to her and clarify things but for that to take place, she should come outside atleast. It's already been past 10 am and there is no indication of her coming out.

Another half an hour passed the same way, he finally listened to some sounds from inside. Making sure she is awake, he ran back to his room to get prepared. Twenty minutes later, he stood behind the door reviewing if he should go out or not.

"I have surgery at 1 pm, why is she still not coming out." He mumbled to himself, and He finally listened to some noise from the living area, so mustering up the confidence to face her. "You can do it." He sighed and walked towards the living. He looked at Akshara, who ignored his existence royally and was busy sorting some files.

"You're already up?" Abhimanyu looked at her who is packing some stuff and eating her breakfast. She lifted her head, He adjusted himself thinking if she was prepared to start the conversation with him about last night's happenings. However, She ignored his presence and proceeded with her work without sparing a glance and immersed again in her work.

"Irrespective of Whatever happened yesterday, the sun rises today as usual." She finally spoke after 2 minutes of pin-drop silence. "You don't have any surgeries today?" She inquired as if nothing ever transpired. "Nope... I mean I have one later." He answered back while applying butter to his bread slice. "Okay," She shook her head curtly and continued with her work.

The silence followed for another 5 minutes, finally, he summoned the confidence and slowly adjusted his throat to grab her attention. He was successful in doing it, she raised her eyes and met his eyes, and before she could turn away he started to speak.

"I was expecting a heated debate, but you look normal," Abhimanyu said not breaking eye contact. "You know what! I would be disappointed if I had any expectations in the first place," Akshara sighed and got up taking the documents, "Anyway don't overthink about me, I am fine." She moved away not letting any expression appear while talking.

"If she would've complained or criticized me for my behavior, it would've been simple. I would apologize and finish but now this is consuming me." Abhimanyu's rant was somehow interrupted by his throat cracking and leading to cough, Reem laughed at him and passed him the water bottle.

"Abhi I was mad at you when you said the whole thing, but right now I am so pleased." She leaned back on the couch relaxing. "Sadist." He hissed looking at her laidback and eating cake with her feet up on the couch, in his cabin.

"Reem, this is my cabin I am a surgeon here, Behave," Abhimanyu told looking around if anyone comes inside."You are the surgeon, not me." She stated and proceeded with her eating. "Abhimanyu, she is not angry with you if she is angry it is easy to make up." listening to Reem's words Abhimanyu sat back with whole concentration.

"She is upset, which is the complex degree of being angry. So do something which makes her happy." Reem kept her cake on the table and clasped her hand dramatically trying to explain something.

"When someone is happy, testosterone is released from that body, you can apologize then."  Before she continued Abhimanyu interrupted, "Fine, but one thing." Abhimanyu said looking at her "Hormone released when we are happy isn't testosterone, That's dopamine." He chuckled as he mentioned, and as soon as she listened to that a file landed on his head, "No wonder she's angry with you. You deserve." She got up took her bag and turned around to leave the place.