13. Cupid Maata Akshuwati

Note: Long chapter alert (longer than regular), It took forever to write, and hope it doesn't bore you while reading. Drafting this part made me sigh with a tired face. Have a good read. Do share your feedback good or bad.

Love and light.

"OH MY GOD," Abhimanyu yelled, his voice was loud enough to make Akshara startle and wake up in the middle of the night. She ran to his room as soon as she heard him screaming, "Kya hua?" she asked him while he calmly spotted a corner of his room has a spider, "You are scared of it?" she looked at him with a what-on-earth face, and he just nodded to that "more than scared, I just can't sleep with it in my room."

He said with a cute pout, but his posture was saying otherwise he was sweating heavily he looked like he was startled seeing something." Well to be honest even I am scared to, let us think if we can do anything," she said as she yawned and looked at the room and scanned the things present, she finally gave up and turned to him, he looked exhausted too.

"Just come to my room and sleep, we only have 3 hours more to sleep anyway," she said as she yawned, "No I will sleep on the sofa in the living,"  he rejected it in a nice tone, "Well spiders can crawl off the floor be careful there," she said and turned back to leave to her room, "I will sleep with you, nahi what I mean was I am okay sharing your room with you," he said as he grabbed his pillow and followed her to her room.

They took both edges of the bed, Abhimanyu lay on his back and was staring at the fan as if a cricket match is going on. Akshara got up and leaned towards him slowly, he was shocked and was inching back towards and finally he was hanging on the edge. she went totally near him and picked the hairpin under the other pillow. "You should've asked me, I thought you were hitting on me," he said as he came back to his original position.

"I am not hitting on you, so don't get excited," Akshara said with a glare, while Abhi was busy looking clueless. She got up from the couch and looked at him still standing there, "Are I promise you kuch nahi karungi tumhe. I am a woman of words." She said as she was cracking up uncontrollably, "I am not scared" he howled while turning to another side furiously "Good night" he shouted again to silence Akshara's continuous giggles. Akshara slowly got up and move towards him, slowly removed his comforter, leaned onto his shoulder near his ears, and slowly whispered "SAVDHAN RAHO, SATRAK RAHO DOCTOR" saying this she again started laughing uncontrollably,

***

Next Morning:

Abhimanyu returned from the walk and left for a wash-up. Suddenly he gave attention to some noise from the other room; he remembered about Akshara living under the same roof with him, face palmed as the sounds began again. "She can't sit straight" he sighed and left for the living area. "What did you do now?" he peeked outside to find Akshara at her adjusting the ladder. He sighed with a hopeless look and turned to lock the door but stopped on his way when his phone buzzed. His face automatically lit up looking at the user calls.

"Good morning Maa," he said with a pleasant smile on his face, he chatted with her for a good amount of time, But the noise from the hall doesn't seem to stop so he excused himself and moved there. 

"Hii," she said as she climbed the ladder and waved at him. "You woke up early?" Abhimanyu asked and moved in the direction of the kitchen to prepare his green tea. "Haan, I thought it is better to arrange all this stuff, we can't live in this plain house like this," she said with a wide smile.