24. Blueberry cheese cake vs Hot chocolate

A U T H O R

Akshara got up in the middle of the night to notice Abhimanyu was not present beside her. She got up and looked at him sitting on the couch with his head slumping downwards, and squeezed in between his both hands. Akshara walked towards him, who is motionless in the exact position, and sat beside him.

Abhimanyu unhurriedly lifted his head and glanced at her sitting beside him without making any noise. He looked at her hesitantly, because for him facing her when he is at his lowest is embarrassing. This was the reason he asked for the space himself. Akshara who caught a glimpse of the look on his face knew how would he feel.

"Abhimanyu, can I hug you?" She looked at him as if she were requesting his approval. He looked at her as if she spoke his mind, but he didn't respond to anything. "Okay fine," Akshu withdrew herself and sat back on her seat this time embarrassed. Abhimanyu turned to her and smiled at her holding her hand softly. She looked at him to check whether he is okay, One concerned look and BOOM.

The next instant he hugged her. Her arms snaked around his neck and pressed against him, His tears slowly started flowing down involuntarily. He held her a bit tighter as if he is saving himself from being pulled away. "Abhimanyu," She slowly spoke out without breaking the hug. "Pata hain kya sapna aaya," She chuckled looking at him. "Tum goblin ban gaye ho, green goblin." She said chuckling at his ear. "Sapna tera aur bali ka bakra mein hoon?" Abhimanyu let out a sigh listening to that.

None of them spoke anything and a few minutes later, They broke the hug and Abhimanyu looked better. But Akshara knew it well all these simple remedies aren't gonna help him long. She looked at him and smiled as they shifted towards the bed and lay on their respective sides.

"Akshara," Abhimanyu slowly called her, not sure if she dozed off or not. "Hmm," She rolled around to turn to his side. He was looking at her, she couldn't figure out the expression on his face. "Thank you," Abhimanyu held her hand gently between his palms and smiled at her. "Good night," She blinked at him and smiled back.

NEXT MORNING: 

"Abhimanyu, help me clean my guitar later," Akshara looked at him and nudged his elbow hoping he will break the silence and answer something in return. "Fine," Abhimanyu nodded while scrolling his mobile, Akshara searched for a magazine among the ones on the table and settled for one.

"Oye hoye such a domestic couple," Reem said dreamily looking at both with hearty eyes. "Delusional much," Akshara rolled her eyes at Reem, and again plugged in her earphones.

Alisha who just walked out of her room, came to the breakfast table, which already had Abhimanyu, Akshara, and Reem seated. "Morning Alisha," Abhimanyu smiled and wished her who stopped midway and walked to their table. "Good Morning Abhimanyu," She smiled at him ignoring Akshara's existence on purpose. "Join us, We are having breakfast too." Abhimanyu signaled her to take the seat beside them. Akshara who was busy peeking at the menu raised her head looked at Alisha and resumed going over the menu.

"Who is she? Tumhara grumpy spouse itna achese baat kyu kar rahe?" Reem inquired looking at the scenario transpiring in front of her eyes, A bit disorganized but she is trying to conclude something from that. "His ex," Akshara smiled at him and whispered in her ear, "Lucky girl, she escaped," Reem whispered back to which Akshara simply nodded with a smile, "I know," observing both of them. Reem looked at Abhimanyu forcing her to take the seat.