27. Just a peck

A few minutes earlier:

Abhimanyu moved towards the kitchen with two takeaway boxes both unsealed. He kept them on the counter and moved back to the living. He slowly slumped onto the sofa and began to think about the stuff he has been brushing off since the last day. The things she was unaware of and the things he thought she should know.

"What if she walks out of the marriage?" He continued thinking about all the probabilities that would happen once she gets to know about the deal. Becausearly mentioned she is totally against such things.

"First let me adjust the mood, then I'll blurt out the truth." He marched towards her room practising the breathing technique trying to calm his nerves and knocked on the door. She looked at him with shock because anyone would be. It was an odd time at the night and they were anything but normal during the trip.

"Akshara, can I sleep in your room?" Abhimanyu as soon as she walked outside her room. He moved almost into her room without waiting for her reply, with his mobile and a water bottle.

Akshara on the other hand was dumbstruck seeing this sudden development. The man is making her more confused every single day. One day he was the most charismatic man whom she want to wrap in her arms and the next day he would turn into a smug bastard who would give no flying fuck to her and hug his ex.

The butterflies which were calmed down now made a comeback. She looked at him with a small smile and signalled him to come inside totally. Abhimanyu followed reluctantly, trailing behind her and maintaining a little distance between them. They finally settled on both sides of the bed, Him looking at the bedsheet and Akshara playing with the pillow.

Abhimanyu wore a white scoop-necked tee which would make him look like a rockstar if paired with his fancy jacket. Akshara on the other hand sat on the other side examining him almost checking out him. He gazed at her and boom, she looked away awkwardly as if anything ever happened.

"Let's sleep." She announced as she was convinced Abhimanyu wouldn't utter a single word even if she wait the whole night. They both took both sides of the bed and lay there. An awkward silence followed for the next who knows what period. Finally after gazing at the beautiful ceiling for god knows how much time, Abhimanyu finally cleared his throat to start talking.

"Akshara What do you think about love?" Abhimanyu asked with a tone serene but intense, while he leaned on his side of the bed with his arms folded under his head. He again gazed at the ceiling for good 30 seconds then looked at Akshara, who was busy lost in her thoughts and smiled at the ceiling.

"There is timing for each person's destiny. When that time comes, someone will find me.. and I will too find that someone," Akshara smiled at herself in a tone with a tinge of excitement and a lot of hope. "You believe in stuff that even kids these days don't," He shrugged off her words carelessly. Before she could say anything more he resumed, "Waise I'm your husband anyway so I dare if you would ever find your someone," He turned to her with a look she tried hard to understand but couldn't crack.

Akshara got weird out looking at him "Stop looking at me so weird!" Abhimanyu calmly answered, "That's just how I look!" he said, in a shut-up-and-let-me-talk voice. "You look like these movie dudes who kiss after every 2 minutes when you do this." She complained mirroring the emotions his eyes conveyed at that moment.

"What are we?" Abhimanyu asked without waiting for another instance. "Husband and wife," she answered placing her fingers on her lips, but suddenly she realised they were anything but normal, so immediately responded with a big "Nooooooo,"