14. Baking and Brewing

It's difficult to say in what mood I wrote these pieces, but they're all quite long. Stars and planets are all around me as I draft them. Not Holding it anymore. You will get regular updates again

A B H I M A N Y U

After retreating to my room, I  took opened my rack to read my regular book to try to get some sleep. However, sleep was nowhere to be found. I recalled all the patients I've checked in the past week and then automatically focused on this most recent disturbance in my life. 'Akshara' wasn't a terrible flatmate to start with, it's just that she makes bad food to eat, the last time she made paalak paneer, for some reason it was sweet. She has a sweet tooth but how could one eat paalak paneer as a dessert? She tries to keep her hand in everything but, she fails in every single thing she does.

"Why does she think of herself as a psychic?" I wondered as I looked at the spoon on the counter, and the TED talks she gave about ice cream. As I took the spoon and stared at the ice cream, I decided to calculate the calories I had taken today before eating, medico so definitely my mathematics requires good time and in the time she snapped here and ended up looking at me like Hungry tom looking at jerry.

"So Doctor Abhimanyu, technically in murder mysteries, In the place of crime the things that are found are called evidence and people found there are called Suspects. So I think, me suspecting you isn't wrong," She stated talking like she was straight out of a criminal case game, I looked at her with my most Non-criminal glance and said I wasn't eating. How would I accept my mistake? I have a very big fat ego to start with.

We both walked back to the living room and seated like twin ghosts without bothering to switch on the lights. "Ab kya?" I asked as I examined her, I mean she wasn't clearly visible, but the teeth she was grinning with were quite visible, and "Kya kya?" she replied without even trying to hide her grin. "Why are we sitting here like twin ghosts? Do I need to switch on the light?" I looked at the way she sat. "We will play video games." She said in a normal tone.

What!! She is not sane, I always had this doubt but now I am sure she was a runaway child from the asylum. It's 2.45 am we were sitting here, I have surgery to do tomorrow and here this human being is telling me to play video games with her.

"Chal na Abhimanyu" She pulled me by the sleeve and dragged me to the play station.  actually didn't bother to take my permission when I got up to leave, I replied, "I don't like those kids' games." I said thinking of more excuses,  "So tujhe bache wala khel bhi nahi aata?" she said with a mocking pout, DAMN this is infuriating, profaning the lead surgeon of the city, and well it comes with a price. I sat down and grabbed my handy control.

"Chalo, get set to go!" She shouted with a smile. That gaming session continued for another two hours. We reached our peak exhaustion. My eyelids were giving up before I collapse there I decided to leave my room. I turned around to wish her good night but she was busy snoring. I brought her the quilt from her room and dropped it on her, I mean covered her. She looked like a meek puppy when she slept, when she was awake she is more annoying than my AI Siri. After making sure she wasn't cold, I went to my room.

 A U T H O R (3rd person Pov)

"Healthy food is not always tasty, you know" Akshu slowly tucked her hair behind her ears with an awkward smile and nervous face. "But this isn't healthy either," I uttered with a hopeless smirk. "You know how many people in this country die out of hunger?" She raised her voice and looked at him who is still eating with no expression. "Well Akshara, Do you know the figures of people dying due to food poisoning?" he said looking at her with that smirk not going anywhere and a crease formed on his forehead. "Smug bastard" she muttered to herself. "What?" he looked at her with an eyebrow raised in a suspicious tone, "UHMM" she looked around with an awkward face. "Smart, smart boy I said you were a smart boy" she stood up and left the place with her plate and cutlery. He sighed and continued with his eating