15. Happy birthday Abhi

A K S H A R A

Just like every day, I woke up, the sun rose, the birds in my started singing, and the Alarm clock rang. I slowly opened my eyes and remembered, Yesterday I slept on the couch itself after watching a lot of movies last night.

My last week of freedom, before I start back at my University. Before my time to breathe is occupied by assignments, my tiny steps are replaced with running and rushing here and there. I was soo busy in my thoughts, I suddenly noticed something. Something made my jaw drop

Abhimanyu slowly paced out of his room with a towel hanging on his shoulders, and a pair of jeans hanging down on his lower body. He was drying his hair while roaming here and there without knowing the national sanctuary running in my stomach and volcanoes erupted inside this small heart of mine. He was tapping his foot for god knows what, but my heart played along with his rhythm 

I finally understood, why he is like this, resisting calories, and not eating ice creams. "Your resistance is my virtue" I giggled to myself. Slowly I didn't know when but sleep took over me again.

***

I was alone on the sofa stretching my legs and suddenly he came to me with a playful grin playing on his lips. He slowly moved towards me throwing the wet towel on the other side of the sofa. For the first time, my brain started playing a song,

"Kiss me close your eyes

and miss me, close your eyes

and kiss me"

I should have installed a better playlist in my brain, but focus here. I almost sat on the sofa with a pout on my face anticipating the kiss. He held me by my shoulders and before I circled my lips round, he shook me. Hard.

"Akshara, what are you doing? Are you dreaming of eating noodles or something? why is your mouth like that" He looked confused, thank god at least he didn't find out? I slowly opened my eyes. Gone he is crisply dressed up and was back in his regular go-to-the-hospital look."Is that a dream? God Ain't I your favorite child?" I muttered to myself. Then I looked at him with a sad face, he raised his eyebrows. I sighed sadly, well It was the only thing I could do now.

"Tumne shirt kyu pehna?" I always had some great qualities one of them was thinking after speaking. "What!!!"  he said in a shocked tone, well I was shocked too. "You want me to go hospital without a shirt?" He asked standing there. "No no I mean Abhimanyu, not this white shirt. You look handsome in navy blue. Like soo elegant and charming types, didn't I tell you this before?" I said with a sheepish smile, hoping he would buy this lie.

Well, I think it worked to an extent.  "Does it?" he asked with a surprised tone but it was a pleasantly surprising not suspecting one, I nodded my head non-stop for the next 30 seconds, He stopped on his way and marched to his room. Anyway first thing I need to run away from here, this man opposite to me is soo distracting. He went to his room and changed into a Navy blue shirt then, left for his work.

I slowly came out and looked around and confirmed that he was nowhere present. Then slowly went to the hall with a bottle of iced water. My body needed them and maybe a cold shower too. I had a long shower and by the time I'm done with it, my stomach growled so instead of showing my culinary skills, which would misfire anyway.

By the time, I settled down to eat someone rang the bell. "this is infuriating" I ran to the door like a bull with rage. I saw a man in his early 40s give me a bouquet and a greeting card.