Norman and Emma 🤍🧡

Modern setting.
。:゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚:。

Norman belongs to the family of Minerva. His future is decided the day he was born. To be smart. To achieve. To be rewarded. To fulfill the expectations a Minerva should have. All of it is tiring. All of it is heavy. So there were times he often has to let it be. To Numbed it out.

" Good morning Norman! " Emma cheered. Arms wrapped around Norman as they both stand in front of Norman's locker.

" Morning Emma. " Norman smiles as usual. He closed his eyes while he does it.

" . . . " Emma took a moment to stare at Norman before smiling again. Her arms shot up to the air in her usual energetic energy radiating. " Guess what! There's a new desert shop downtown Norman! And yes know that means we're going! "

Norman chuckled a tiny part of his heart relaxing at the way Emma could just easily tug his heartstrings and make him give a genuine smile.

" Yo. " Ray walked to them stopping behind Emma to playfully and weakly bump his fist on top of her head. Emma pouted at the gesture.

" Morning Ray. " Norman politely greeted.

Ray raised a brow at the way he was talking. Too formal and polite for a greeting to a friend. He knew immediately something was up.
" Morning Norman. "
He greeted back, monotone.

" Ray! Ray! You know! You know! There's a new— " Emma winged her fists up and down in front of her chest while her eyes were practically stars in excitement.

" Yeah yeah " Ray cut in. Making a mock imitation of Emma raising her arms up in glee. " 'There's a new desert shop downtown Norman! And- Yes! Know that means we're going!' " After teasing her Ray gave a smirk at her making her whine and playfully hit Ray with her fist.

" You're such a bully Ray!! "

" Hey. I think I got it right! " Ray commented looking over to Norman as if asking for confirmation.

Norman tilted his head slightly and chuckled at their childish exchange.
" On spot. "

" Norman!! Ray!! " Emma complained. " You guys are so mean! Fine then I won't go with you guys to the shop! " She pouted before stomping away.

" We should apologize to her. " Norman stated after being able to stop chuckling.

" Give her an hour or so. She'll come back and tell you to go to the shop with her. " Ray pointed out as if it was a fact and a common occurrence.

" I don't know about that... " Norman nervously smiled at the way Ray's smirk seemed so confident at his own words.

" She will. When was I ever wrong? "

True to his words, after the third subject ended. Emma appeared with her lunch box and was smiling at them while asking the two to join lunch with her. She almost seemed like she forgot what happened this morning at how she was behaving.

" Emma. Norman. " Ray spoke before putting a spoonful of his meal in his mouth.

" Yeah? "

" Hm? "

" I might not be able to come to your little date today so have fun. " Ray informed making Norman's and Emma's face red in embarrassment.

" D- d- DATE?! " Norman stuttered.

" Something came up. Need to go home early. Have fun. Try not to eat each others faces off. "

" RAY!! "

Ray smirked at them and for a moment the three bursted into laughter. Days with Ray and Emma often was the times Norman felt like he's human. That he doesn't have any requirements to fulfill when being by their side.

" Then Norman it's a Date! " Emma exclaimed with pink tinted cheeks and a cheeky smile.

Norman's already red face turned into a new shade of red as he widened his eyes. " EEEEHHHHHHHHH?! "

" What? Why are you surprised? "

Ray snickered in the background packing his lunch swiftly. The moment Norman and Ray's eyes met, Ray was already at the door leaving. With a final wave, Ray had left the two in their personal world.

A great time to confess.
Ray's teasing voice echoed in Norman's head. He regretted ever telling Ray about his crush in Emma. Though Ray would have found out about it even if he didn't tell him but that wasn't the point.

" So you won't go on a date with me? "

" No! No! It's not like that! " Norman waved his arms around in embarrassment. " In fact I'd love to! I'm honored! "

" Yay! " Emma cheered. " I love you too! "

Norman widened his eyes and froze.

" Norman? "

Norman covered his face and curled up.

" Norman? What's wrong? You don't like me? "

Norman shook his head before lifting his head out of his palms. His cheeks tinted pink in embarrassment and eyes almost glossy at the overwhelming emotions he suddenly felt. He looked away from her and pouted.

" You shouldn't confess like that! I... I'm the man I should be the one confessing... "

" It's fine! I'll be the man in the relationship then! "

" . . . "

" Norman? " Emma leaned in making Norman back away, face reddening even more in embarrassment. Emma smirked at Norman's adorable behavior. " Norman I love you Veeerrry much! "

Norman mumbled something which Emma barely heard.

" What did you say Norman? "

" I'm the man in the relationship! I like you too Emma! " Norman yelled out.

Emma smiled and nod her head.
" Yeah sure just for today! " Emma tackled Norman into a hug.
" So after school date!! "

" I'll still the man in the relationship! "

Norman couldn't help smile when Emma laughed at him. His heart felt dull at the way Emma occupied it. Her smile being contagious enough to make him smile.

" I love you Emma.. "

Emma looked back to him and gave him a quick peck on the lips.
" Yup! Love you too Norman! "

。:゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚:。

Ray: Cringe. * small smile *

Gilda: At least there's no useless oblivious pinning. * Glares at Don*

Don: ?

Norman & Emma: (ノ^_^)ノ\(゚ᵕ ゚\)