Consider My Heart? 🤍🖤

Instead of Emma, Norman likes Ray but due to Ray being so focused on the escape plan he doesn't notice Norman's advances towards him but instead notices Norman whenever he's around Emma therefore concluding that Norman likes Emma.
.
。:゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚゚:。。:゚:。

Damdin and Sherry jumped over Norman's sleeping body to wake him up. He was startled but sat up with a smile as always.

They fixed themselves up and started helping out with setting the table up.

" Ah. Good morning Ray! " Norman greeted. Seeing Ray with his usual indifferent expression present in his face so early in the day.

" Morning Norman. " He casually greeted before Norman went towards him. He handed Ray the pitcher while he pushes the trolley to the table.
" Thanks... " Ray muttered. If Norman heard it, He didn't say anything and Ray's grateful for that because he felt embarrassed every time someone helps him.

It was a small gesture yet it always makes Ray bashful one way or another that's why Norman likes to do it.

" Hey Norman. " Ray called out. Norman paused to look over to him before watching Ray place the pitcher on the table. Norman passes the plates to him while he gets another stack for himself to place on his side. Ray took a moment before speaking once more. " Later... Do you want to play che— "

" Good Morning!! " Emma bursted inside with her usual bright grin. Norman turned his head away from Ray to laugh at Emma. She had Lannion and Thoma on her sides while Phil wrapped his arms around her neck, dangled from behind her.

" Good morning to you too, Emma! " Norman greeted in a cheerful tone feeling energized just seeing her smile. He looked back to Ray hoping for him to continue.

" Morning Emma. " Ray greeted with a sigh and small smile before looking back to the plates, with a neutral expression, he was setting on the table.

The topic was never continued after that.

Norman would frown at it. Ray always stops whenever he was cut off. It was one of the things Norman would like Ray to change if ever. Ray immediately gives up saying what he was going to ask once he had lost the opportunity or the will of saying so.

" Ah. Do you want to play chess later, Ray? " Norman asked with a polite smile on his lips.

Ray shook his head. " No. It's fine. I decided on reading a book I haven't finished yet. " He turned down.

It was frustrating to get Ray to agree once the opportunity had left but knowing Ray enough Norman has his ways of spending time with him.

" Then can you recommend me a book? "

Ray's eyes slightly widened before he looked away as if rolling his eyes in an insulting manner but Norman knows Ray isn't insulting him. " Yeah. Sure. After the tests then I'll bring a book. "

Norman's polite smile turned genuine at his victory. " Thanks Ray! You're so kind. " He dropped a compliment on the way of expressing his gratitude. Maybe to soften Ray's defences once in a while so he can easily work his way to Ray's heart if that was even possible.

" I'm not... Whatever. " Though compliments usually makes Ray have two different reactions to them. Either he'll get embarrassed or he'll feel decapitated.

He hopes Ray just feels embarrassed at it but Ray's unpredictable nature is another reason why Norman is interested in getting reactions from him.

◑◑◑◑◑

" Ray! " Norman called out happily heading over to the tree the ravenette hides under every time. Ray didn't look up which was unfortunate. Norman leaned over peeking through the top of the book. Ray was too engrossed in his book.