Alternate Ending 🤍💔🧡

Ray arrived at the deity's world. The scene of the day above him and below him was the night... An odd scenario and place to be. The sudden drop of water was heard and the surface of where Ray stood rippled causing the view of the night to distort.

" You've arrived. "

The deity spoke with a majestic yet bone chilling voice. Ray stood there and forced himself to not react to the chill that crawled down his spine. He narrowed his eyes at Him.

" Where's Emma? " Ray questioned with a glare pointed at Him.

The all mighty being in front of him chuckle before stretching his hand out. Energy started to swirl above it's palm before it materialized into a crystal ball. It placed another hand just above it. An image of Emma standing up from the floor of the bunker showed. Anna and the two troublemakers followed her in confusion. She was talking but no words passes through the crystal ball.

" Do not fret. She has been taken back to her family. "

The implication of her family seemed to hit Ray in the chest but he refused to acknowledge the ache Him created by saying those words.

" Why me? " Ray hissed at Him.

The One slowly took a stand, it's size increasing as it stood up. Ray took a step back and growled at it's intimidating presence.

" Because you are indeed a delicacy very different than that child. At first I expected the girl to arrive here after all she did get to meet me once. "

" Then why?! "

The One pointed at Ray. " Isn't it you who wanted to meet me? Why question what you've received? "

Ray gritted his teeth before trying to relax his nerves. He took a deep breath before reaching out his hand.
" That's right. Let's not dwell any further from the topic. I want to reforge the promise. "

If The One wasn't wearing it's mask, Ray was sure he could see that pesky deity smirk at him. If Ray wasn't aware of how cruel the world is, then he wouldn't be so sure the demon was going to ruin him.

◑◑◑◑◑

" Let's live together! " Emma exclaimed as Ray and Emma stopped Norman in his murderous killing spree. Emma grabbed Norman and pulled him into a hug while Ray watched from far away. Despite the small smile on his face, his eyes didn't smile and only Norman saw it.

When they have gathered around the living room in the hideout. Emma confronted Ray about the promise.

" Wait... So you didn't make it? " Norman commented surprise in fact. He was so sure that Emma could go anywhere once she's determined to go to a certain place.

" I know right! I was surprised too! I got to talk to him and yet when we were there I wasn't able to enter! " Emma complained.

" So the promise didn't happen...? " Mark hesitantly asked in a low voice while he slowly lowered his head.

" No. The One agreed to the reforging of the promise. " Ray informed an arm barely raised to his ear. His other hand holding a book he was reading. Everyone widened their eyes at Ray's statement.

It was Ray after all!

" But what did it asked for... the reward? " Gilda knitted her eyebrows together in nervousness.

Cause you! It was Ray after all!

Ray closed the book he was reading before putting it on the table. " It's nothing much. He just likes to see me suffer so he granted me the promise. Apparently I was entertaining for him. " Ray stated before looking away. His lips turned into a frown as he spoke.