CH 35 Head in the Game

Alex's POV:

I shoved Christian onto the sandy court, and watched his bright demeanor immediately switch to a much darker one.

He was now staring down Jake, while the guys got ready to serve the ball. I watched him take a more aggressive stance in the sand and hunch forward, right as one of the guys behind him served the ball over the net.

The second the ball reached the other side, Jake immediately called for it. Making sure he set the ball to someone, only to then call for it back. Trying to spike the ball over the net, when some girl from Christian's team jumped up and blocked it. Sending the ball back on over.

When I looked over at the other teams, I noticed Emma now inserted herself into a group of girls... Looking as if she's making new friends with some of the models Josh brought. If only she knew that they loose every game, and have lost every game, every time we have invited them for the tournament.

As I heard the boys yell back and fourth, I turned my gaze back towards the active game. Trying to ignore just how loud the music from Josh's speaker was playing, while I solely watched Christian.

Noticing how fast he moved, and how well the team easily embraced his competitiveness. I knew the second Claire came back, they would not want to give him up easily. He was a force to be reckon with. A strong mass that was able to communicate and carry the team. If anything he was starting to become their—

"Nice party, X." I heard someone say to the right of me.

"Thanks." I responded back, not knowing exactly who it was. But I didn't let it break my gaze from Christian. I kept my eyes glued on the ball and where it landed. Keeping track of the score in my mind, while watching how Christian's muscles flexed as he hit the ball.

"You gonna play this year, or are you still banned from being on a team?" I heard him laugh. Causing my gaze to immediately turn towards the source.

Justin.

"Luke says on good behavior, I can be a sub." I responded swiftly, only to look back on the game. Watching Christian set the ball perfectly to another teammate.

"So which one is it?" I heard him say.

"What do you mean?" I asked, watching as Christian dive straight for the ball. Popping it up just enough for his team to play off of it. Making me let a small side smile press on my face, for split second. 

"Is it baby blue eyes, or the James Bond looking character?"

I turned my body and looked at him, skeptically. "What makes you think I'm interested in either of them?" I asked, confidently.

I watched as the side of Justin's mouth started to curve up, as he stifled a laugh. Lifting up his beer to take a sip, and cover his amusement. Making me shake my head in disbelief.

"I know that look Justin. And I'm just super interested in the game... That's all." I shrugged, turning back to look at the two teams fighting tooth and nail, just to score another point.

"So the fact that every time you look away form the game, one of the two of them, ends up looking over to see if you're still watching... doesn't mean anything?" He asked, sarcastically. Taking another sip of his beer.

I shook my head. "They are so no way that they ar—"

I caught a glimpse of Jake looking over at me, and then Christian. When I quickly looked back at Justin.

"They're just playing the game Justin, nothing is going on." I stated, matter-of-fact like.

"What's not going on?" We heard, from behind us.