CH 42 It's Over

Alex's POV:

"No Luke I'm serious. This is becoming incredibly hard for me." I told him, as I opened his passenger door. 

Luke had to pick me up from school today, because Anthony is at lacrosse practice. So I did what any other girl would do, if she didn't want to walk a couple miles home. I called my best friend...

"What do you mean this is becoming hard for you?" He asked, as he shoved some girl's bikini in the back seat. 

I looked at the pink bikini in the back seat, and thought it looked a bit familiar, when I tried to focus back onto the conversation.

"He's acting normal, like really really normal. As if we had never kissed, and as if he's just my teacher." I said buckling my seat belt. "And all I want to do, is march up to his desk, and smack him. Smack him into remembering what happened between us." I breathed out.

"Maybe this is for the best. I mean you told me he was still with Emma, so distancing yourself from him might not be so bad of an idea." He said, pulling out of the school parking lot. 

"You're probably right, but I can't stop thinking about him. I mean... it should be hard for him to forget me. Yet he's acting like it nothing every happened." I said, looking out the window. 

"He could just be playing hard to get." Luke hummed, as I kept thinking how familiar that pink bikini looked. "You could have destroyed his feelings last time, and now he's too afraid to do anything." He said, as I tried to remember where I've seen the swim suit before.

"God, I don't even know what I wanted to happen between us. It's like this magnetic pull that—"

I stopped mid sentence, and turned to look back at the bikini. Noticing just how small it was and what the back of it looked like, when I finally realized who it belonged to.

"Fucking Lexi?" I asked, looking over at Luke. When a smirk started to pull on the side of his lips. "Sal's daughter? The Lexi that works with me some weekends. The same woman, who just so happens to— What about your the girlfriend you have? What the hell are y—"

"Easy, easy, I'm right here you don't have to yell." Luke said putting up his hand in defense. "We broke up recently, and Lexi was at a party i went to and , wait—How'd you know about..." He started to ask, as he turned to look in the back seat as if she was still there. 

"You and Lexi?!" I exclaimed, only to then slouch down into my seat. "If Sal finds out that you had sex with her, and he knows that we're friends... he'll freak out!"

"Who says I had sex with her?" Luke asked, nonchalantly, as he shrugged.

"The itty, bitty, pink bikini in your back seat, Luke." I said turning to look at him.

"Well no one has to find out then." Luke turned to me and smiled. "Plus we were talking about you and your forbidden love with your neighbor, 'slash' teacher." 

"Yeah well, I'm not sure he'll break up with his girlfriend just for me. It's ridiculous of me to even ask that of him..." I slouched even more, as I looked out the window. Watching the waves crash onto the shore in a distance, wondering if he ever would break up with her...

__________________________

Christian's POV:

"What do you mean, we were never a good fit?" Emma exclaimed in a loud whisper. 

"I mean Emma, that we. Were. Never. A. Good. Fit." I said, taking time to say every word so she heard me correctly. "I don't know why we even rushed into a relationship. We have nothing in common, we don't agree on most things, and—"