CH 46 Finding the Tarp

Christian's POV:

"Jesus Christ, Chris! When were you going to tell me something was going on between you and the girl next door." I heard Dan exclaim, from beside me. While I watched the backside of Alex make her way down the isle.

"Because Dan." I said, slowly turning to look at him. "You have a loud mouth." I said, glaring at him. When I then turned towards the crowd. Noticing the seats were almost full.

"Oh my god, was this going on when you and Emma were together? Is this why the two of you broke up?" I heard him ask, as he followed me. "When you told her you weren't ever in love with her, was it because you were too busy with the girl next door? Plus, you knew I was constantly trying to get with her, but you—"

"Dan." I grounded out. Turning on my heal to look at the man-child. "What I told you about me and Emma's breakup was completely true. She wanted something I didn't. And as for what was happening between me and Alex, has never had the chance to thrive. Okay? Do you now understand?" I asked in a bitter tone.

When I then turned back around, and walked towards the two empty seats in the back row. Hearing Dan's footsteps follow behind me. 

"Chris!" He loudly whispered, when I then sat down in a chair. "Chris." He whispered again, this time settling in the chair right next to me. "When did this all start? I mean Jesus man, shes your..." he then looked around, and then back to me, leaning in even closer as he whispered. "She's your student, as well as neighbor. And by the looks of it you two were extremely close. Like... have already have sexual intercourse close." He raised his brows, making my jaw tighten.

"Jesus Dan." I said, shoving his face away from my ear. "We have not had sex." I whispered. "And I know she's my student. But as of right now nothing is happening, you just caught us in an argument."

"Argument my ass, Christian Cole." He whispered back. "And you knew I had been pining after her from the beginning, and you just—"

"Dan, I never said anything, because I was with Emma. And whatever attempt you made with Alex, was your prerogative." I grounded out, as I heard someone on the microphone say something. But before I could comprehend. Dan whispered in my ear, again.

"Admit it, you broke up with Emma because you wanted to bang the 18 year old girl next door." He whispered with his hot breath in my ear.

"No." I said, turning my head towards him. "I don't want to bang the 18 year old. It's not about the sex Dan." I spoke softly. "I know it is for you, but that's not what this is." I said, turning my head back towards the front. 

"Then what is it Chris?" He spoke softly as he leaned in close to me. Making me even more irritated than before. "What is going on between you and the girl next door. Because by the looks of it, you broke up with your girlfriend for your student."

"I broke up with Emma because I couldn't stand it anymore." I whispered, looking at him with distain. "Every time she spoke, I thought my ears would bleed. Every time we had sex, it was always for her, on her time. Everything she did was driven by her selfish needs. Yes, she's smart. Yes, shes pretty. But she is not what I needed now, nor ever." I finished almost out of breath. 

"And you think she's what you need?" He asked, nodding in the direction, in front of us. Making my gaze follow his and onto Alex. Watching as the back of her hair, cascaded down her back.

I breathed out deeply, and close my eyes, before turning back towards Dan. "It doesn't matter what I need." I spoke softly, looking back at Alex's beautiful profile, as she spoke to the boy next to her. "All that matters... is that, I'm not what she needs." I whispered, with a subtle tone of sadness.