Chapter 13 - kidnapped a child?!

- Third POV -

Somewhere in a Fire Nation circus, there's a perfomance going on. A man is standing in the circus' main ring, addressing the crowd.

"We're deeply honored to have the Fire Lord's daughter at our humble circus" States the man before sitting on a chair next to Azula, who has two guards behind her.

"Uh...tell us if there is anything we can do to make the show more enjoyable" Says the man, who's name is Shumuzu, as he glances at the princess nervously.

"I will" Replies Azula as she looks at the circus ring. There's a net spanned under an acrobat who's balancing on a rope high up in the hair on one hand. The acrobat, Ty Lee, is wearing very colorful clothing. The crowd, Shumuzu and Azula

"Incredible. Do you think she'll fall?" Asks Azula as she looks at the man sitting next to her.

"Of course not" Answers Shumuzu.

"Then wouldn't it make it more interesting if you removed the net?" Shumuzu looks in shock at the princess, not wanting to risk his acrobat's safety.

"Uh...the thing is- the performers" Stutters the man.

"You're right, you're right. That's been done...I know! Set the net on fire" After a short pause, Azula begins to smirk.

"Of course, princess" Answers the man worriedly as he uses his firebending to set the net on fire. Ty Lee looks down in fear as she continues to perform. Shumuzu sits down and looks up at Ty Lee, hoping that she won't fall down.

" Brilliant, just brilliant. Ooh, what kind of dangerous animals do you have?" Continues Azula.

"Well, our circus boasts the most exotic assortment-" Shumuzu gets cut off by Azula.

"Release them all" Exclaims Azula while the man looks utterly shocked by Azula's command.

❀❀❀

It's nighttime. There's a campsite in the surrounding mountains of Omashu. People are sitting around several campfires, including Team Avatar. Well, except for Aang that is.

"Do you guys think Aang found Bumi yet?" Asks Katara as she looks at a campfire.

"I'm not sure-" Mizuki stops talking the moment she sees Aang approach them along with Flopsie.

"We looked everywhere. No Bumi" Sighs Aang sorrowful as Mizuki hugs him. Katara and Sokka notice how Flopsie looks down upset and hug the animal.

"I'm sure he's doing just fine. Bumi's a mad genius, remember?" Reassures Mizuki as she lets go of Aang.

"Thanks Mimi" Says Aang as he begins to slightly smile. Mizuki's right. Bumi is a mad genius. He should be fine... Suddenly, one of the resistance fighters approaches Team Avatar.

"We've got a problem. We just did a head count" Informs Yung.

"Oh no. Did someone get left behind?" Asks Katara worriedly.

"No, we have an extra" States the man as he points at Momo, who's staggering forwards with Tom-Tom clamped around his neck. Team Avatar stare at the lemur and baby, not being sure what to do.

❀❀❀

The governor's wife is sobbing on the balcony. Her daughter Mai slowly reaches into her robe and pulls out a handkerchief and gives it to her mother with a slightly worried expression on her face. The governor rests his hands on the railing of the balcony as he stares out over his city. His sobbing wife, apathetic daughter and two guards stand behind him.

"So, the resistance has kidnapped my son. Everything so clever, so tricky. Just like their king Bumi" Scoffs Ukano as he balls his right hand into a fist. One of the guards behind him steps forward.

"What do you want to do, sir?" Asks the Fire Nation soldier.

❀❀❀

Ty Lee places a bouquet of black flowers on a desk. Azula is standing behind Ty Lee, who is sitting at the desk and looking in a mirror.

"What an exquisite performance. I can't wait to see how you'll top yourself tomorrow" Smirks Azula while Ty Lee gulps nervously, thinking about her performance.

"I'm sorry Azula, but unfortunately there won't be a show tomorrow" Smiles Ty Lee.

"Really?" Asks Azula amused.

"The universe has given me strong hints that it's time for a career change" Begins Ty lee as she puts her tiara on the desk and gets up before turning around to face Azula.

"I want to join you on your mission" Upon hearing this, Azula's expression changes into a satisfied one.

❀❀❀

Team Avatar, Tom-Tom, Flopsie, and three resistance fighters are sitting around a campfire. The baby is sill trying to catch Momo. The lemur leaps out of the way and the baby tumbles down, right next to Sokka's club. He picks it up and tries to put it in his mouth. Sokka notices this and snatches the club out of the baby's hands.

"No! Bad Fire Nation baby!" Scolds Sokka as the child begins to cry. Mizuki and Katara glare at Sokka while crossing their arms. Scary...

"Fine" Grunts Sokka annoyed while giving his club back to the baby who immediately stops crying and starts to play with it. Katara pats Tom-Tom on his head and smiles at him.

"Oooh, you're so cute~!" Exclaims Katara in a baby voice.

"Look at him!" Gushes Mizuki as she looks at Tom-Tom in awe. The baby turns around to face Mizuki and softly grabs her hair. It reminded him of Mai's long hair. And they both have bangs. Mizuki smiles before embracing the baby. Tom-Tom lets out a small laugh and kisses Mizuki on the cheek.

"Aww! He likes you!" Chuckles Katara while Sokka groans annoyed.

"Aww, he likes you" Mocks Sokka as he crosses his arms and looks at the baby, who had now become his rival.

"Pfft- are you jealous of a baby" Exclaims Aang while elbowing Sokka.

"What? No!" Replies Sokka offended. There's no way he was jealous of a child. The kiss on the other hand...

"Sure he's cute now, but when he's older, he'll join the Fire Nation army. You won't think he's so cute then. He'll be a killer" States a resistance fighter. Mizuki and Katara, who had been playing with Tom-Tom, look at the man in disbelief.

"Does this look like the face of a killer to you?" Says Katara as she holds up the baby in front of the soldier's face. Suddenly, the man notices a messenger hawk arrive.

"A messenger hawk!" He exclaims. The animal as a canister on its back. It has the Fire Nation insignia on it. Aang grabs the scroll and unrolls it. He starts reading the message.

"It's from the Fire Nation governor. He thinks we kidnapped his son. So...he wants to make a trade. His son for king Bumi"

To be continued

Word count: 1.079