Chapter 22

"I'm home" Hongjoong yelled out once he took his shoes off.

He smiled setting his shoes close to the others, when he looked up he was faced with three heads staring deep into his soul.

"Where were you?" San asked.

"Why is there a scratch on your cheek?" Jongho continued.

"Did someone plan an ambush on you?" Mingi added.

"Why did you turn off your phone?"

"Wait-STOP" San yelled trying to calm down the others so he could speak.

"What? why are you yelling" Mingi yelled.

"Why are you all smiley?" he directed his question at the older who was standing there dumbfounded.

"Do you want the short story or long story?"

"Short story!" they groaned, "we have a mission to take care of in an hour" Jongho added.

"Alright" Hongjoong nodded and they all went to the living room. "Seonghwa and I went on a date yesterday"

"So that's why you were all dressed up" Mingi smiled.

"Yes-"

"Then why didn't you tell us you were going on a date?" San whined, pouting.

"Because I know that you guys would make a big deal out of it"

"But-"

"Do you want the rest of the story or not?" Hongjoong raised his eyebrow with a slight smirk.

San sighed nodding this head slowly. "Good. Anyways, we went to the arcade, played some games and then I brought him to my house"

"Your house?" Jongho asked. "The house?"

"Yes, the house"

"Damn hyung, you must love him then" Jongho smirked coming closer, leaning his arm on the older's shoulder. Hongjoong rolled his eyes playfully and shrugged his arm off surprising the other. "We went to Yunho's house to figure something's out and that's how I got this wound" he brought his hand up pointing at it.

"what did you do to get it though?" Mingi asked curious.

"I was trying to save a vase from breaking and it fell on the floor making the shards fly out, which obviously led to this" He smiled awkwardly pointing at his wounded cheek again. He felt bad for lying but he knew if he didn't the others would plan an ambush on Yunho's father. And as bad as Yunho's father is he couldn't bare to see him dead because he knew it would make the younger sad.

They all nodded understanding, "so that's it?" San asked not feeling satisfied with the story.

The older nodded making the younger groan, "I thought something big happened"

Hongjoong chuckled ruffling his hair, "come on let's go, we have a mission to take care of"

"Can't we just sit this one out?" Jongho groaned getting his jacket. "Yeah, get some other squad to take care of it" Mingi joined.

"We can't. I already signed us up for it a long time ago and backing away from it now is completely useless"

"You really need to stop accepting missions without talking it over with us first. And stop accepting them from your uncle, he's such a douche bag"

"Mingi!" Hongjoong warned. "As much as I hate him he's my uncle and still deserves respect. Besides he still owes me my grandfathers shares" Hongjoong grabbed his car keys with the others close behind.