Ćháṕtéŕ (6)

~̸~̸

Dustin had explained that the compass not pointing to north but a get that had opened up somewhere, which brings them to why they were walking through the woods to somewhere unknown.

"Dustin! Dustin! Can you slow down? Dustin!"

Dustin was now running through the trees with his compass.

"I think we're getting l close !" He called out to the others.

"Watch your step big guy." Eddie said to him. Pulling him away from the waters edge.

"Oh man." Steve said looking at the water. "You gotta be shitting me."

"Yeah." Eddie mumbled, "i thought these wood were familiar."

"Lovers lake." Robin mumbled.

"This is confounding." Jasper looked at Dustin in confusion.

"What the fuck does that mean?" She said.

"Uh- I'll tell you later." He said.

"There's a gate in lovers lake?" Max said in confusion.

"Whenever the Demogorgon attacked it always left an opening." Nancy told them. "Maybe vecna's the same way."

"Yeah only, one way to find out." Steve groaned.

"Easy, I- I said easy, man." Steve said to Eddie as they pushed the boat into the water.

"Sorry man." He apologised.

"Here you go." Robin said in frustration as she held onto Steve's and eddies head as she got into the boat, "yeah I'm just going to do that. Thank you."

"Yea that works to." Steve said before turning to Nancy helping her on the boat.

Eddie turned around to J holding her hand as she stepped onto the boat carefully.

"Thanks." She said to him as he smiled.

Dustin then tried to get on, Eddie stopping him before he could do so.

"Hey, hey, hey you trying to sink us? This think holds four people tops, okay?" He said making Dustin frown.

"It's better this way, okay? You guys stay here with max, keep an eye out for trouble." Nancy said to the others.

"You keep an eye out?" Dustin said, frustrated, Nancy looked at him in confusion. "It's my goddam theory."

"You heard nance." Robin said.

"Who put her in charge." He said pointing rudely at her.

"We did." Robin and J said together before giving each other a high five.

"Compass." Nancy demanded, Dustin looked down at the compass then back to Nancy groaning in frustration before handing it over.

"Hey there you go." Steve said before he threw his bag at Dustin.

"Ow." He mumbled just as Steve pushed the boat and hopped in.

"You said three!?" Dustin screeched.

"Sorry." He whispered.

"Bed time at nine kiddos!" Robin shouted at them. "Miss you already!"

 "Miss you already!"