Ćháṕtéŕ (8)

~̸~̸

"Couldn't we have tried a road? Or something that's let's creepy?" Robin questioned them as they walked through the woods.

"I think we're getting close, we're almost out of here, don't worry." Nancy reassured Robin.

"Eddie." Steve called out to him. "Eddie, hey man.. uh- listen I just- Umm I just wanted to say thanks for saving my ass back there."

"Shit you saved your own ass man," Eddie said, "i mean that was a real Ozzy move you pulled back there."

"Ozzy?" Steve questioned in confusion.

"When you took a bite out of that bat."

"Oh so that wasn't your blood." J said gagging in disgust. Eddie snorted holding onto her hand tightly.

"Ozzy osbourne?" Eddie asked, "black sabbath? He bit a bats head off onstage. You know? Don't matter. It's very metal, what you did. That's all I'm saying."

"Thanks."

"Henderson told me you were a badass, insisted on the matter, in fact." Steve looked at Eddie in shock.

"Wait Henderson said that?"

"Oh yeah, shit kid worships you dude, like you have no idea. It kinda annoying to be honest. I don't even know why I care what that little shrimp thinks." He stopped looking at j for a moment, "don't shout at me J please. But uh I guess I got a little jealous, Steve. I guess I couldn't accept the fact that Steve Harrington was actually a good dude. Rich parents, popular, chicks love him, not a douche? No way man. No way. That like, flies in the face of all the laws in the universe and my own personal Munson doctrine. Still super jealous as hell, by the way."

"Jesus Christ." Steve laughed.

"Which is why I would never have jumped in that lake to save your ass, not under any uh, normal circumstances, I mean if it was J I would of, no offence Steve." Eddie stopped talking when screeching was heard, flashing his torch around for any monsters like bats.

"Nope." Eddie said going back to talking, "outside of DnD, I am no hero. I see danger and I just turn heel and run, or at least that's what I've learned about myself this week."

"Give yourself a break man." Steve said cutting Eddie of.

"See?" Eddie stopped Steve from moving, "the only reason I came in here was cause those ladies." Eddie pointed to Nancy and Robin. "Can in straight after you. Now I was too ashamed to be the one who stayed behind but wheeler right there she didn't waste a second. Not one second. And I bet if J here." He nodded to her. "Could swim she would of jumped straight in after. "Now I don't know what happened between you and Nancy, but if I were you I would get her back. Cause that was as unambiguous a sign of true love as these cynical eyes have ever seen." J walked ahead getting bored of the conversation but unknown to her the conversation had just moved onto her.

"What about you and J?" Steve asked nodding towards her direction. Eddie looked at him in confusion. "The look on your face when you look at her, your face when that bat attacked her. Your always holding hands or hugging or making cute jokes to her."

Eddie gulped turning away from him and continued to walk.

"Just telling you what your telling me Eddie."