Ćháṕtéŕ (14)

The three were now stood in the living room, all stood together in a circle as they held up there weapons

The three were now stood in the living room, all stood together in a circle as they held up there weapons. J held up her axe and her shield, not really needing them as she could just phase through them. The bats were screeching and thrashing against the wall.

Suddenly the noises stopped, J looked around in confusion.

"Hey dipshits!" Dustin shouted trying to get them to come back. "Give up that easy huh,?!"

"Shh!" Eddie whispered looking up at the roof.  "Is that really necessary."

"Oh god." j panicked thinking if the bats went back to the house they would be able to kill Steve and the others.

"They're on the roof." Eddie said in annoyance. They all looked up, hearing metal bending.

"Shit, shit, shit." Dustin said.

The three walked slowly over to where the sound was, seeing a vent in the roof.

"They can't get in through there can that?" Dustin said in disbelief.

Just as he said that the vent broke as bats tried to enter. The three screamed as Dustin and Eddie stabbed the bat with there spears.

"Die! Die!" Dustin said repeatedly. Eddie then stopped turning around.

"Eddie!" Dustin shouted in shock. "I need you!"

"Get out the way! Get out of the way!" He shouted, Dustin moved as Eddie slammed the shield into the vent, blocking the creatures from getting in.

The two boys breathed heavily, J stood there, feeling bad she couldn't help but she didn't have a spear, she had an axe that wouldn't not help in that's situation at all.

"Holy shit." Eddie said quietly turning to face them.

"Nice."

"Thanks."

Eddie and Dustin high fives before Eddie turned to her giving her a high five aswell.

Dustin then became stiff turning to them slowly, "are there any other vents?"

Eddie looked at him in shock, "oh shit." He whispered before rushing out of the living room and into his bedroom. The other two following after him.

Just as the three entered the room the bats burst out of the vent. They rushed back outside, closing the door behind them.

"That's not gonna hold!" Dustin shouted to them as the creatures pierced the door.

"Let's go!" Eddie shouted to them as Dustin rushed to the rope. "Come on quickly!" Dustin climbed the rope, J following closely behind him. Dustin quickly rushed of the mattress letting J fall down as they both looked up to Eddie.

Eddie started to climb up the rope before stopping, looking over to J's face, horror and confusion written all over it.

He looked back to Dustin and then the door before he hopped down from the rope and onto the floor.