Falling Too Fast: Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Aquas POV

I knew I could have shifted and left Nicks 'house' all by myself and let Xander get his ass beaten by Nick but a part of me told me to just trust him. And I'm glad I did. I should have realized that he was being controlled or something but I wasn't sure. I mean I expected it, I mean come on! I'm a freaking werewolf. How stranger can this shit get?!

Well controlling people's minds I guess can make it stranger. But ya never know!

Right now we were 20 minutes from our town and I was afraid. What if Nick came back? What about Ryan and...Rakkel? Most people would bitch slap her or cuss her out but not me. I'm too good for that. Rakkel and Ryan are not worth my time.

Xander zonked out about three hours ago, thankfully. At least I didn't have to explain everything that has happened. And I wonder if he still thinks we are dating...?

That would be some funny shit if he did. All of a sudden I heard the song 'Backseat' by New Boyz go off.

I realized it was coming from Xander, so I figures it was a phone. I reached into his front pocket and found his IPhone and looked at the caller ID. And I couldn't believe who it was.

It was Nick!

Ryans POV

Something is off with Bailey. I can tell. She isn't really worried about Aqua. She seemed more angry than anything. I mean ya, I bet it that she would be pissed but she sounded frustrated. And then she tells us that Aquas real name is Aqua Diamond and her father is an Alpha in one of the strongest packs in the country! Sheesh! No wonder she's so strong and powerful. I wonder if she knows...

I got up from my seat and excused my myself. This is a lot to take in. I should probably contact her parents. I should ask my dad but..no. She's my mate and this is her parents. I walked up the stairs to my room when I heard Bailey arguing with someone over the phone.

I heard her muffled voice and her sighing in frustration. Even with my supernatural hearing, my mother sound proofed the rooms due to my constance of women bringing-over, so I couldn't hear her. She sounded pissed and kept whisper-yelling at the phone like she was arguing with someone. I heard her slam her phone shut and stomp to the door. I panicked and ran to my room and closed the door quickly.

Phew! That was close! I grabbed my phone off my computer desk and grabbed the pack address book out of one of drawers and looked up the Diamond Pack's number. I would go to see the Alpha himself but he lives all the way in Nevada.

I found it and dialed the number. After a couple of rings, a women answered.

"Hello. This is the Diamond pack. State your problem or concern or why you are calling and who you are trying to reach."

I took a deep breath. "This is Ryan Sterling, son of Alpha Sterling of the Blizzard Pack, and I need to speak to the Alpha Diamond. It's urgent."

"Ohh! Well Mr. Sterling, a lot of people say 'it's urgent' but it's usually something stupid." She said in a matter-of-factly way. I rolled my eyes.

"It's about there daughter." I heard her gasp. "Oh my! I will get him on the phone right away Mr. Sterling!" She started talking in the background to someone and all of a sudden the line went dead. I thought she hung up in me but then a deep, intimidating voice boomed on the other end.

"Speak Mr. Sterling. I want to know about my daughter." Wow demanding. But he sounded hopeful. I couldn't blame him.

"Yes sir. She's..well she was here but she was kidnapped yesterday but she was here. She's been here for awhile now I think."