🍋Worthy of Your Love | Rodney x Cappy🍋

robots2005enjoyer: Could I request a human!Rodney x Cappy lemon one shot? Maybe the plot goes with Rodney feeling he's a bit unworthy of his lover, and then Cappy insists it's she who's unworthy and then well... it turns from hurt/comfort to smut?

Requested?: Yes; robots2005enjoyer

Type of story: fluff, smut

Warnings: fluff, smut, bit of angst, language

Word Count: 1470

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How long has it been since they got together? It's hard to say, maybe months, give or take five. Time has been such a blur for them. They've lost count of the days where they got some time together after Rodney's work hours were over. He's been spending so much time working on new inventions and coming across ideas with Bigweld to make life better. Meanwhile, Cappy would spend time helping restore the company and bring back the production of spare parts. On occasions, they would steal glances at one another, be it passing one another or just staring at one another from a distance.

Though...it just doesn't feel enough.

Don't get me wrong, Rodney's finally an inventor, he saved his father from a fatal death, he took down a corrupt businessman.

And yet...is he really worthy of Cappy?

He's a small-town boy from a town where life was just ordinary, a son of a dishwasher-turned-owner of a simple diner. She's an upper-class, savvy girl who used to work with the same businessman who tried to kill innocent lives for profits.

She was headstrong, stubborn, smart, incredible.

So why did she end up with him? What does she see in him?

Was she really with him out of pity? For another reason? Or none?

Was he really worth being with her?

As thoughts plagued his head, dancing around like a pack of mischievous flies, Rodney sat on the bed, his head leaning back against the bed frame. It was at one point tears threatened to stream down from his eyes, but he fought the urge to let them free. It was already too much for him to handle, but he couldn't bring himself to admit it.

"Rodney! I'm back!"

Even when Cappy called from the front area of their apartment, he didn't bother to answer or look up. Too trapped in his own thoughts, Rodney turned his head away and wiped the tears just before Cappy entered the room. She sighed, letting her black hair free from her tight bun and shaking her head so that it could flow easily, as she set her briefcase down.

"Man, tough day of work, huh? Company's thriving again, and everyone's going crazy-happy about it," she remarked, a soft smile on her face as she changed her work clothes to something more comfortable.

Rodney only nodded, humming as an answer, sparing only short glances at her body. He got a good look at her back when she took off her shirt and replaced it with a baggy one before he turned away again.

However, he wasn't even smart to hide what he's been thinking. Cappy felt that something wasn't right. She turned to face him with a worried glance. "Hey, everything okay?"

"No, no. Everything's fine, really," he replied quickly.

But Cappy knew better. She was no fool nor will she be fooled.

She had known Rodney since he first flew in-literally through the window of the company-so she knew exactly what was going on. And while he didn't know it, she's been having some doubts herself.