Chapter 4

Tommy was avoiding them again. He'd stay out until the crack of dawn and get back when they went to work. He was barely at the apartment, only there for 6 hours a day to get a bit of sleep before leaving again 30 minutes before Ranboo got home. Tubbo set up cameras around the apartment to find out what Tommy was doing and what his schedule was, though he didn't find out what Tommy was doing other than sleeping. He looked exhausted, and considering he never had time to shower his hair was greasy and covered in grime. His clothes had a thin layer of dirt on them and his hands were red, rubbed raw and cuts were on his hands in some places. Tubbo was worried, but he couldn't skip work to confront the boy. He'd have to find Tommy on the streets.

It was more difficult than he expected. Tommy was sneaky, sure, but he always made a mistake somewhere. He hadn't shown up on any cameras around the city, he avoided bigger crimes, and he seemingly abandoned his street. They couldn't find him anywhere. Tommy had avoided them before, recognized their schedules enough to stay away from them. He never went as far as to avoid them while on patrol though.

"He probably thinks he's all high and mighty now that he's worked with Themis. I mean, seriously, we're supposed to be a team! He's been gone for what, 2 months now? He doesn't even come home on the weekends." Tubbo was ranting about Tommy again. Ranboo was just keeping up with the smaller as he speed walked angrily through the streets.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about him right now. I'm sure he's just upset about something and thinking it through. It'll be alright." Tubbo huffed and looked around, seeing something move on a rooftop. Tubbo stopped walking and stared at the rooftop, watching as someone turned and waved at them. They hopped off the roof and cracked the concrete as they landed on the ground. Tubbo sighed and waved at Skeppy as he walked over.

"Hey guys! What's up?" Skeppy extended his hand to the two and Ranboo shook his hand politely, watching the vigilante look around the street. "Where's the red guy? You guys are usually around each other." Skeppy extended his hand to Tubbo, who just glared at Skeppy and walked away.

"We're kind of fighting right now. We're looking for him right now. Have you seen him?" Skeppy shook his head and Ranboo started following Tubbo, catching up to him and looking around.

"I saw him yesterday but he wasn't in the talking mood. He actually tried to slit my throat when I asked about you two." The two stopped and looked back at Skeppy, noticing the thin line in Skeppy's throat. "Obviously he failed but he wouldn't have if I wasn't built different." Skeppy chuckled and looked at the ground. It was highly irregular for Tommy to try to kill someone, let alone Skeppy. They were really good friends at one point. Ranboo thanked the gods that Skeppy was as invincible as diamonds. Tommy must've been pissed to even make a dent.

"That means that he's the heroes problem now. He needs to be careful before Themis gets on his trail again." Ranboo looked around, as if he'd see Tommy listening to him. Skeppy looked at them quickly, shock evident on his features.

"Themis? As in, the best trained hero, basically an assassin, Themis?" Tubbo nodded and Skeppy took a step back. "I'm taking a break from patrol. You two get him together before Themis comes for all of us." Skeppy ran off and Ranboo looked at Tubbo, who looked pissed. Tubbo looked back at Ranboo and glared at him.

"Well, if he's the heroes problem now, then he's not our problem. Let's go home, I'm locking the windows tonight." Tubbo started walking back home and Ranboo followed him. On their way back, Ranboo tried his best to convince Tubbo not to lock Tommy out, but it didn't change anything. They got back and Tubbo locked the windows, and they went to bed knowing that Tommy was screwed.

Ranboo didn't fall asleep for a while, hoping Tommy would come back and try to get in and Ranboo would be awake to let him in and get him things he needs or offer him a place to stay again. Ranboo ended up going to work the next morning exhausted with a heavy heart.