Chapter 22

“Well, I’m glad you’re both home safe. Tommy, I want you looking for Themis in suit. Tell him that if he ever pulls a stunt like this again, he’s dead. You don’t want me finding him before you, got it?” Tommy nodded and Tubbo put a bandaid on his nose to cover the stitches. Ranboo grinned and grabbed Tommy’s face, kissing Tommy’s nose lightly. Tommy smiled and Tubbo rolled his eyes, moving on to clean Ranboo’s wound again and stitch it.

“Y’know Ranboo, for as much shit as I give you,” “You don’t give me-“ “Mentally, yes I do. But really, you held your own against Themis. That’s fucken impressive. So, good job.” Ranboo looked a bit startled but he smiled and nodded at Tommy, silent appreciation for the confidence boost.

“You going into work today Tommy?” Tommy snorted and nodded at Tubbo.

“Fuck yes, Themis is never living tonight down. I’ll make damn sure of that.” Tubbo grinned as he wrapped a bandage around Ranboo’s chest and begrudgingly kissed the bandage. Tommy and Ranboo cheered that he followed the stupid little tradition Ranboo had when patching them up. They should really tell him kisses don’t heal injuries.

“Where’s Themis and The Angel?” It was about an hour into Tommy’s shift and he hadn’t seen either of them yet. He was currently sweeping the floor, per Wilbur’s instruction. He felt like Hbomb.

“Themis is grounded and The Angel is in his office. You probably won’t see either of them today.” Tommy nodded slowly. He didn’t like the thought that the only punishment Themis would receive was being grounded. He tried to kill Tommy’s best friend after all.

“Feels like he should get a bit more than a slap on the wrist, doesn’t it?” Wilbur didn’t answer, engulfed in whatever he was writing on his laptop. “I mean, I was excited to come here and give him hell. Just as a small ‘fuck you’, yknow?” Wilbur looked up at Tommy with a confused expression.

“You were just going to, what, berate him?” Tommy shrugged and held the broom close to him, sensing that Wilbur was judging him for his choice of payback.

“Well, yeah. He can’t just get away with that, hero or not.” Wilbur huffed out a laugh and sat up in his seat on the couch.

“Of course not but, that’s all you were going to do?” Tommy furrowed his eyebrows and a stupid grin broke out on his face.

“Obviously? What else would I do? I can’t exactly beat the shit out of him.” Wilbur smiled and took a deep breath, running his fingers through his hair.

“You could sue him for damage to person.” Tommy faked a gag and shook his head. He didn't even want to think about the amount of work he'd have to do to sue one of the heroes he works for.

“Ew, no. I’d have to help with the paperwork for that.” Wilbur laughed and went back to typing on his laptop. Tommy was a bit curious about what he was writing but it wasn't his place to ask.

"Actually, I don't think you'd legally be allowed to do paperwork for your own case. That's more of a NotFound question though." Tommy finished sweeping and sat next to Wilbur.

"Well, I still don't want to. I'm good just being a nuisance." Wilbur hummed and ruffled Tommy's hair gently. Tommy looked over Wilbur's shoulder at what he was writing.

grant the immediate reevaluation of Themis's contract in favor of avoiding future incidents.

Wilbur glanced at Tommy and moved the palm of his hand to Tommy's forehead, pushing his head away gently. "Go do payroll, you gremlin." Tommy smiled and stood up, walking to his office and giving the back of Wilbur's head 'the bird'. Tommy didn't understand that.. what was it, an expression? Tommy needed to steal Purpled's homework again. He needed to see Purpled again. How long had it been?