Chapter 7

"After interviewing and reviewing 207 people, I've come up with a list of 10 people I wouldn't mind having as our intern. 102 of those people were from North, 78 of them were from East, 23 of them were from South, and 4 of them were from West. 4 of the top ten were from East, 4 of them were from South, and 2 of them were from West."

"That's a lot less people from West than last time." Wilbur nodded at Phil's comment and looked at Technoblade. Technoblade was quiet, lost in thought. It wasn't abnormal for the stoic boy to be silent, but he normally contributed during these discussions.

"Why didn't you choose anybody from North?" Wilbur grimaced at Technoblade's question. He didn't even want to think of the connection between everyone he interviewed from North.

"They were all snobby and talked bad about people from West. I didn't even review the footage of their interview." Technoblade smirked and Phil sighed. They were well used to people on the streets telling them they shouldn't waste their time on the lower-class cities. It made Technoblade furious and made Phil annoyed. Wilbur didn't really go on patrol so he didn't have to worry about it, he was just told about it while Technoblade destroyed a training dummy or Phil made food.

"Serves them right. So, top five now." Wilbur nodded at Phil's words and started the footage for each of the top ten's interviews. He'd picked a girl in East named Sam 23 years of age, a boy in East named Brandon 20 years of age, a boy in East named Terry 22 years of age, a boy in East named Terrence 19 years of age, a boy in South named Charlie 22 years of age, a girl in South named Hannah 20 years of age, a person in South named Alastor 21 years of age, a boy in south named Jacob 19 years of age, a girl in West named Elenore 18 years of age, and a boy in West named Tommy 16 years of age. Last time, they picked at least one person from each city, but Wilbur had decided that people from other cities deserved the position more than anyone in North.

As they went through the interviews, Phil took notes and Technoblade looked disinterested. When they got to the last one, Wilbur noticed that Technoblade sat forward in his seat and stared at the screen, suddenly very interested.

"I saw that kid in the elevator. He's observant for a 16 year old." Wilbur nodded and they watched the interview in silence. After, Technoblade seemed to be amused, and Wilbur had to wonder why Technoblade was so invested in the kid.

"Wil, you know that kid is underage. There's no way the council would agree to it." Wilbur hummed and nodded. He knew, but he didn't care. Tommy was better than the other two in West, more polite and put together while still being relaxed about his opinions. He was mature for his age, so Wilbur liked him.

"I want him." Phil and Wilbur both looked at Technoblade, shocked at how certain Technoblade was in his decision. Wilbur looked at Phil and smiled slightly.

"It's worth a shot, isn't it?" Phil looked at Wilbur and sighed.

"He is rather endearing. I suppose we could try, but let's be open to other people. We still have four other people to choose." Phil wrote down Tommy's name in his notes and they talked about who else they could bring to the whole tower. They decided on Charlie from South, Sam from East, Hannah from South, and Terrence from East. The others didn't seem like they'd fit in well or that they'd be a hard worker.

"Techno, are you happy with this list?" Wilbur watched as Technoblade nodded to Phil's question. Wilbur removed the interviews they wouldn't need from his laptop's drive and they were on their way to the tower's meeting room. Everyone was in there, sat in their spots and talking away. They all went quiet when the trio sat in their seats.

"Alright. These are the five choices we all have on who would be our intern. Keep in mind, they may work with any of you at any time so let your choice be based around that." Everyone nodded in agreement and Wilbur started the interviews. They all watched in silence, every now and again someone writing down if they like a person or not.