Chapter 13

Tommy really should've thought this through.

It seemed like every hero was on the scene, including every police officer in West and East. All standing around a warehouse looking for clues. It made Tommy nervous as hell. Even Eret looked majorly uncomfortable. West's officer's didn't spare them more than a glance, but East's officers glared at them and some threw harsh names at them. They were pretty much hiding behind Themis. Themis found The Angel quickly and had been hurriedly talking to The Angel about what'd happened. The Angel glared at Eret and Tommy but said nothing to them or Themis about their arrival. Captain Puffy walked over and tapped Tommy's shoulder, motioning him to follow her. He complied knowing none of them would remember anything about them being here. Eret didn't put up a fight about it either, and Themis was distracted. She took him to the side of the warehouse, where only a few stray cops and Faux were.

"What do you make of this?" Tommy raised an eyebrow and huffed.

"What?" Captain Puffy rolled her eyes and motioned all around them.

"All of this. You're West's favorite vigilante, I'm sure you've helped Tommy at some point. So what do you make of it?" Tommy grimaced and looked around. Great. Now he had to give input on a scene he created. Maybe he'll give them some crumbs.

"It.. feels wrong." Captain Puffy gave him a weird look and he sighed. "There are no tire tracks. It was a dirt road on the way here and the road to get here was overgrown. If people have been in and out, there would have been tire tracks." Captain Puffy blinked and Faux poked his head out of a window very high up that Tommy just noticed he was hanging out of, looking at them from behind Captain Puffy.

"Well if you're so observant that you already got more than the police force, get over here." Captain Puffy turned around and Tommy walked over to Faux. Faux jumped down from the window and reached out his hand. "What's your name?" Tommy shook Faux's hand and bit his lip.

"He doesn't have a name, and he's selectively mute so good luck talking to him." Faux let go of Tommy's hand and shrugged.

"Fair enough, I used to be selectively mute too. I'm going to call you red." Tommy nodded and Faux bent down, picking Tommy up by the ankles and lifting Tommy up to the window. Tommy grabbed the window and pulled himself in. Faux jumped in after him.

"Wait for me, I'm coming too." Tommy turned around and reached his hand out for Captain Puffy to grab. She did, and Tommy pulled her up into the window. The warehouse was lit up, and Tommy could see the mess he'd made. It held a bunch of boxes that, when he came here he didn't know what was in them, but was now opened to reveal a bunch of lab equipment. It was a bit weird, and Tommy wondered if he accidentally set himself up to look like he'd been kidnapped by mad scientists or something. The broken rope surrounding a chair was still there, along with the specks of his blood that he'd set up around the chair were there. He'd also set up a smear of blood as though someone had tried to clean it then decided they didn't have time. It was bigger than the specks and made it seem like he'd gotten fatally hurt. Perfect for his plan. Except now he was going to throw in some doubt that everything they see is correct.

"Why'd they try to clean up that blood, but not the blood around the chair?" Faux grinned at Tommy and stuck the middle finger up at Captain Puffy. Then he shrugged and walked around, smelling everything. He was weird.

"Panicked, maybe. When this blood happened they weren't concerned about it because they didn't have a chance of getting caught. We were told there was a loud bang on the phone, maybe he was shot and they panicked because they knew they'd be caught so they tried cleaning up the blood, only to realize he'd gotten his phone and cleaning the blood was a waste of time." Tommy nodded along with Faux and walked around, looking at everything from different angles. He knew what he'd done here already but he was making it seem like he didn't.