Chapter 9

Tommy walked in the house exhausted. His back was killing him. He knew he needed to stop putting off his treatment. He hadn't done anything to help the aching recently, and it was starting to get to him. Tubbo came out of the room and ran over to him, practically jumping up and down in his excitement,

"How did it go?" Tommy sighed and hugged Tubbo, hiding his face in Tubbo's hair. Tubbo hugged back loosely, his hands further down Tommy's back so as to not hurt him.

"It went well. I'm so tired, I'm going to take a nap before patrol." Tubbo closed his eyes and nodded slightly.

"Do you feel up to putting the cream on your back?" Tommy shook his head and hugged Tubbo tighter. Tubbo rubbed his lower back and Tommy relaxed into the comfort of his friend.

"Maybe tonight or sometime soon, I guess. Not now though. I'm too tired to deal with those emotions right now." Tubbo nodded and led Tommy to their bedroom. Sometime soon was better than never again, which was what Tommy had said after the first time they put it on his burns. Tommy laid on his stomach on their bed and Tubbo sat on the bed next to him, keeping Tommy company as he slept. Tubbo knew that Tommy was hiding where he worked, and he could imagine that it was due to him just getting back from months of being on the streets. Ranboo said he'd heard their conversation with Skeppy, so it was no surprise that Tommy didn't trust them as much. Tubbo had been in a bad mood, it didn't mean that he didn't want Tommy around anymore. Tommy always looked so disturbed when he slept, but nothing ever happened throughout him sleeping other than him kicking his foot every now and again. Whenever that happened though he woke up paralyzed. Sleep paralysis, Ranboo had explained once. Normal, goes away within an hour typically. Always plan on waking up an hour earlier than you have to.

Tommy woke up a few hours later and got ready to go on patrol. Tubbo prepared his computer and the call to tell Tommy where crime was. They got ready in silence and Tubbo nodded.

"All set. And immediately, drug deal on alt street. Get going, bitch." Tommy chuckled and put on his mask.

"Yes, sir. By the way, if Themis shows up tonight, keep it between you and me." Tubbo grimaced and nodded. It wasn't his place to say or do anything anyways, he'd just keep an eye out for Tommy's safety.

"Alright, alright. Get lost, you have a job to do." Tommy sighed and Tubbo heard the window open, then silence. Tubbo stood up and walked over, closing the window Tommy left from.

Tommy made his way to alt street, jumping from rooftop to rooftop. His back still hurt like hell but, he'd be fine. He'd end the shift early tonight. By the time he made it to the drug deal, the dealer was leaving the scene. Tommy jumped down and landed in front of the dealer, making them jump.

"Hey man, I don't deal heavy drugs. Just small shit like weed and acid. We can be cool, you want some?" Tommy shook his head and reached his hand out. The dealer shook their head and backed up. "I'm not giving you my shit unless you plan to use it. No way in hell am I giving you all of it. I need to make a living somehow, man." Tommy sighed and tilted his head slightly. The dealer slapped Tommy's hand away and ran off. Tommy could chase after them, but if they were just selling low life shit, then Tommy didn't really care. If it was legal for stores to sell it with a license, then why not let some poor person sell it?

The dealer looked behind themself at Tommy and stopped running. Tommy waved goodbye and jumped on the rooftop, making his way away from the scene. He wasn't in the mood for petty crime. He wanted to stop real crime. Tommy stood on a roof as a wave of nausea hit him. His back felt like it was on fire. Again. Tommy groaned and fell on his knees, digging his nails into the back of his hoodie. He heard a thump from somewhere on the roof, and heard Tubbo ask if he was ok.