Chapter 25

The next day at work was tense. Tommy actually felt uncomfortable hiding his wings for so long, but he worked with who he had to. It was just as weird helping NotFound with his own case as he expected it would be. Tommy didn't see Wilbur at all, not even in his office. He saw The Angel a lot, which kept making him excited for his shift to end. He also kept seeing Themis, who didn't talk to him but seemed to be watching him. It made Tommy nervous.

At the end of his shift, Tommy decided to give Themis his completed assignment sheet instead of Wilbur, since Tommy couldn't find the bloke anywhere. Tommy noticed Themis watching him from the kitchen and went up to him, holding out the assignment sheet.

"I can't find Wilbur so, give this to him, will ya?" Themis stared at Tommy for a second before slowly reaching out to take the paper. Tommy watched him act very suspiciously in confusion and panic. Themis looked at the paper, no, stared at the paper for a solid minute. "Are you alright? You're acting very weird and I don't appreciate it." Themis huffed acknowledgement and walked away from Tommy, leaving him very confused.

Tommy rushed into his apartment and ran over to the couch Ranboo and Tubbo were taking up talking about whatever. Tommy jumped and laid across Ranboo and Tubbo's laps, surprising them both.

"Hello my favorite people in the world! You will never guess what's up with me tonight." Ranboo smiled and ran his fingers through Tommy's hair and Tubbo hummed.

"Does it have anything to do with your training you told us about last night?" Tommy grinned widely and nodded. Tubbo smiled slightly and looked at the ceiling. He was happy for his roommate and best friend, though he wished Tommy would be less close to SBI. Insanity was known to hate vigilantes, if he found out about Tommy- Tubbo didn't want to think about what would happen to him.

"Yes. It. Does. I'm so excited Tubs, you have no idea. In fact, I've never been more excited about anything else." Ranboo started absentmindedly braiding Tommy's hair, nodding along as Tommy rambled about how excited he was.

"Why does he want to train you? Back at the theater he seemed angry about your existence." Tommy looked up at Ranboo and flicked Ranboo's nose.

"Because he caught me with my wings out and he's a protective bird bitch. Plus Themis told him about me, I guess. Themis was acting so weird today, y'know? He's not normally so much of a bitch but he seemed really out of it today." Tubbo hummed and closed his eyes.

"Maybe he's on drugs." Tommy laughed loudly at Tubbo's assumption and Ranboo smiled at the two.

"Oh shit I should clean my wings. I must impress The Angel with my natural beauty." Tommy rolled off of their laps and sat up on the floor. He looked over at the two to see them staring at him grinning widely.

"Oh shut up. Come on, I've got three hours to get ready." Tommy stood up and went into the bedroom, getting into the swim version of his suit. Black swim trunks, red sleeved shirt with two slits in the back, and a waterproof mask. They all got dressed one at a time and left the house with two hours and a half to spare. They all wore the same outfit for swimming, except in their respective colors. They were really into tripleting when they were younger. The trio went to a pond that connected West and North, which was the closest pond to them. It'd been a while since Tommy last washed his wings, it was pretty nerve wracking. He was excited though, and nauseous. Tommy felt like throwing up and screaming at the same time. He did neither thankfully, but he felt like doing both.

Tubbo ran into the pond first, after giving Ranboo his full body water proof enhancement. It was something he made immediately after managing the waterproof suit, but hadn't been used since Tommy's last bath. Ranboo was very thorough with the weather reports and Tubbo's wrist hurt before a storm so they always knew when to keep Ranboo inside.