-Chapter - 44 - No one escaping -

TRIGGER WARNING ON THIS WHOLE CHAPTER‼️⚠️⚠️

Gabriel approached her and held her hands, looking at her seriously he tells her, "Nathalie our daughter we have to get Gabriella," his voice trying to sound as calm as possible.

Nathalie simply nodded, unable to voice the thoughts that had formed in her head. She let go of his hands and led the way to their daughter's room, feeling nervous and tears threatening to leave her eyes, but she managed to keep it together, trying as best as she could.

As soon as they stepped out of their bedroom, the sirens were considerably louder, and the lights from the police car positioned just outside the gate entered their house.

Worriedly, Nathalie gently pushed the door open with her hand on the doorknob. When she saw her daughter sleeping peacefully on the bed, she breathed a sigh of relief, she and Gabriel went inside right away, not wanting the loud sirens to interrupt their daughters sleep.

"It's not safe to be up here right now, Nathalie," Gabriel said, bending down and gently picking up his daughter from the bed. "We'll stay in the atelier just in case the police decide to enter the mansion."

Nathalie nodded again before following him out of the room. The only lights on as they proceeded down the stairs were the ones on the side of the staircase and the lights from the police vehicle entering their house. As they walked into his office, Gabriel sought for the floor lamp to offer some light inside his gloomy office.

Nathalie was about to press the secret button from their family photo to descent them down Gabriel's atelier when Gabriel stopped her and said, "You two should go down the atelier first, I will follow when I finish checking something, alright?" He didn't even wait for Nathalie's response before pushing the secret button and leaping off the platform that was lowering them.

"Gabriel what are you-"

"I promise I will follow!" Gabriel interrupting her.

As soon as the hole on the floor closed, Gabriel shut his eyes quickly and let out a sigh before turning toward the large window in front of his office. Before looking out, he adjusted the curtain that was obscuring the window to the left slightly. He spotted a number of police officers stationed outside, some with their guns aimed at the mansion, ready to shoot and waiting for any movement inside. He was aware that there were more police surrounding the mansion than he could see. Gabriel also noticed Nadya Chamack and her news teams reporting live, as well as the military. As he continued to glance around, his eyebrows furrowed as he recognized two familiar faces.

"No," he whispered, his eyes widening as soon as he recognized James and Bond, his hired bodyguards, shaking hands with another police officer. Gabriel wasn't sure what they were doing there. They were both dressed in all black, but when he saw what was written on the back of their shirts, the enormous letter that read, "PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR," he knew he had fucked up.

He cursed, "FUCK!" and rushed toward the large picture frame. He swung it open and entered his vault's code. He immediately observed that the miraculouses were still present, but they appeared to be both repositioned.

He knew who had done it. He had no doubts. It was those bodyguards he had so naively trusted. People he had trusted to safeguard his family were quietly working beneath him to expose him and his family....

Gabriel took the miraculouses in his hands and gripped them firmly, his knuckles turning white from the grip. He took a step back, put the miraculouses in his pockets, and swallowed a lump before pressing the buttons on the picture.

That was also when he heard a megaphone shouting his and Nathalie's name, demanding both of them to step outside of the mansion, and if they wouldn't they would have to enter inside themselves as they have a warrant.