-Chapter - 71 - The Knot -

After all of Gabriel and Nathalie's tribulations, the amount of blood, sweat, and tears they both shed... today, they can finally claim August 23rd as the most important day for them as a couple, as today is the official date when they will be truly joined by the knot for eternity, and the ever lasting.

-

-August 23, 2027-
-Le Grand Paris Hotel-
-1:30- p.m.-

Nathalie stared at her reflection in the mirror. ~"Is this a dream?"~ she pondered. She still couldn't bring herself to believe that this wasn't simply a figment of her imagination... It is true. She is seated in front of the mirror, wearing a white robe with the word "Bride" printed on the back. Nathalie is getting ready to meet Gabriel Agreste, the man she never thought would ever love her back...at the altar?

Even though she has been planning for this special day for months, it still seems surreal to her that she will be married in less than two hours. Nathalie reflected on the past... She never thought that there would ever be a day when she would get married, let alone to the man she was hopelessly in love with.

Nathalie let out a sigh. She then closes her eyes and says, "If I told this to my prior self... she would never believe it." She then recalled her dream from the night before. Her eyes quickly opened as the events of the day began to play back in her mind. It was strange how clearly she recalled it... as if it had actually happened.

She swallowed a lump, and a few moments later, she zoned out again, allowing the events from her dream to replay.

~Nathalie's dream~

Nathalie's old, dreary bedroom was shown as soon as Bunnix opened a portal. The future Nathalie and Gabriel stood in front of the Notre-Dame Cathedral, dressed for their wedding.

The future Nathalie walked into her former room, approaching her past self, who was seated in a dark corner. Alone. The portal behind her slowly closed as she proceeded farther into the room, away from the portal, and as she came closer to her younger self, she heard her weeping and noticed that her head was down, obscuring her face.

Nathalie sat in front of her past self, and immediately her head shot up. At that moment, she came face-to-face with her past self. As the future Nathalie examines her old self, tears stream down her face. She appeared to be so exhausted, so frail.... Her dark circles and the redness around her eyes spoke for themselves. She was saddened to see herself in this state. She felt as though she were reliving it... Nathalie recalls this horrible day. This was the day after she had a heated phone conversation with Gabriel about how he decided to ruin their plan.

She sighed, closing her eyes fore a moment, before she gave her younger self a smile.

Nathalie says softly while reaching for her hand, opening it to take the pills away from her. "Nathalie.. I know that everything seems to be very difficult right now... It seems like it won't ever get better, but I promise you!... I promise you that everything you're doing will not be in vain." Nathalie looked at the pills she took from her younger self, "Don't do this..." she looked at her younger self again, "Look at us..." she chuckled, tears continuing to flow down her cheeks, "Were wearing a wedding dress... We've always wanted to wear one, right? We always thought secretly, 'when is it our turn..?' It might not be so soon for you just yet, but don't give up... because this..." She looked down at her wedding gown. "This is our future..." Nathalie faced her younger self again, smiling. She squeezed her hand, "This is our future..." she looked at her eyes and saw that more tears threatened to fall down her cheeks.

The burrow opened again, and the gloominess of the chamber was overshadowed by the light that shone on Nathalie and her past self.

When the younger Nathalie saw Gabriel standing there smiling and dressed in his wedding suit, her eyes widened.