Chapter 6: The aftermath of the night before

Jules pov: The next morning I woke up a little bit early so that I could head down to the beach for a swim before it got very crowded like usual. So I took off my towel and jumped straight into the water. But ten seconds after I got in my skin felt different and it turned into a scaly, orange tail. It was so weird.
{meanwhile at Elliana's house}

Elliana's pov: I woke up that morning and decided to run myself a bath, like I normally do. But as soon as I got into the bath about ten seconds after I got in. My skin felt different and it turned into a scaly, orange tail. Which stuck out of the bath. It felt so weird, and nothing like before.
Ruby: Come on Ellie, you can't stay in there forever!
Elliana's pov: Ignores her as I am still very, very shocked and confused. But I got out about 10 mins later.

{meanwhile on the dock}
Sophia's pov: I woke up and went on a walk when suddenly a sprinkler turned on and blasted me with water and all of a sudden I turned into something scales that were orange and had a tail. After I dried off me and Jules went over to Ellie's house.
Elliana: It was literally orange and covered with scales!
Jules: The minute I hit water, I...
Sophia: I was water for a second.
Elliana: I was a fish!
Sophia: What's going on?
Jules: That's what I wanna know.
Jules pov: We all sit down in the living room.
Sophia: Um...Ellie, is there anyone else here?
Elliana: Nope, my dad is at work. Like usual. My mum and sister are out shopping.
Jules: Okay, so...what happened to us?
Sophia: So, about ten seconds after we touch water we...we grow these...
Elliana: And it vanishes, when we are dry. That's also the same as you two right?
Jules: 100% correct.
Elliana: But the tails are like...
Jules: Exactly like...
Sophia: In my eyes, we look like...mermaids.
Jules: I've told you before, you're really not funny. Because mermaids don't exist, so that's just too weird. Even for us.
Jentzen's pov: Knocks on Ellie's door as she asks me to help her with science.
Elliana: Oh...no, It's Jentzen. I forgot he's helping me with biology today.
Jentzen's pov: Heads on inside.
Jentzen: Ellie? Ell-oh. Did I get the time wrong?
Elliana: No you didn't, we did say nine. But I'm really sorry, as something has come up so can we rearrange?
Jentzen: Like what?
Elliana: It's something important. But it's not really that important or something that you need to know about it.
Jentzen: Okay....
Elliana: Sorry Jentzen, but I'm gonna have to cancel.
Jentzen: Ohhh. Maybe some other time?
Elliana: Jentzen, I was wondering do you know anything about mermaids? Like anything at all.
Jentzen: No, why would I? They aren't around anymore.
Elliana: Okay, thank you.
Jentzen's pov: leaves the house.
Jules: Are you crazy?
Elliana: About what?
Sophia: oh I don't know. Maybe the way you asked " Do you know anything about mermaids?"
Jules: Exactly, Ellie this is really serious. If anyone around here finds out about this, we could actually be in a massive amount of trouble.
Elliana: Well, maybe...
Jules: Look, something very strange, crazy and weird is happening/happened to us. We don't know how it happened and we certainly don't know why it has happened.
Sophia: Well there is a way that we could find out more.
Elliana: How, exactly?
Sophia: Let's get back in the water.
Elliana: No, way. Not me. So count me out.
Elliana's pov: Sits back down on the sofa.
Sophia: Well, I'm going. I just think that we shouldn't go alone. Soo...are there any volunteers?
Jules: Fine, I'll come along with you.
Sophia's pov: me and Jules leave Ellie's house and we head down to the beach. In order to test what has happened to us. But on the beach we head down to a part where no one really goes. So that no one will see us.
Jules: I'm not so sure about this.
Sophia: It's alright, cause I am.
Jules: That literally gives me No strength of confidence, whatsoever.
Jules: We both walk out into the sea.
Sophia: It's about 10 seconds right?
Jules: Yep!
Both of us: One...two...three...four...five.
Sophia's pov: We both transform.
Sophia: agh!
Jules: ahh.
Jules pov: we both fall into the sea.
Sophia: So the solution is that we are mermaids.
Jules: Yep, for once you're right.
Sophia: Say that again.
Jules: definitely not, repeating what I said. Shall we go for a swim.
Sophia: definitely.
Jules pov: head out to sea, and go for a swim along the reef. It was literally amazing. It felt so unreal.

😳Worst Kept Secret🤫On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara