Chapter 8: The invitation

Jules pov: The next morning Before I head off to school, I decided to run myself a bath and I was a bit nervous due to my current change but I got in anyway. And of course I changed into the fish version of myself.
Elliana's pov: Before I went to school, I got dressed but then I remembered that I had to clean out my fish tank. So I put on some gloves and I tried to pick up a rock that was in the tank, I thought I would be able to but nope it touched my skin.
Elliana: No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Elliana's pov: I quickly took off my gloves and dry my hands as my lil sis started to knock on my door.
Ruby: Ellie.
Ruby's pov: Keeps knocking.
Elliana's pov: But it was too late as I already turned into my new change.
Ruby: Ellie! Ellie! *gets annoyed* Dad, says you have to hurry up if you actually want a lift to school.
Elliana: It's okay, ruby. I'll walk.
Ruby: Okay...
Ruby's pov: Heads back downstairs.
Elliana's pov: I grabbed my phone and texted Jules and Sophia a picture of a fish *insert fish pic* they should know what I mean.
Daniella: Jules! Your phone.
Daniella's pov: I opened her phone and saw the picture of the fish.
Sophia's pov: I left my phone on the dock as of course I decided to go for a swim before school. Because why not. After I got out, me and Jules headed over to Ellie's house.
Elliana: This is literally a major catastrophe of the highest order that there is. As most of our moisturiser is actually and mainly water.
Sophia: So...if dolphins can swim for miles, that means we can too.
Elliana: Okay...but we can't moisturise ever again.
Sophia: We could actually swim all the way to Fiji 🇫🇯. Could you imagine that?
Elliana: Our skin will absolutely be dry and wrinkly. As we'll most likely be geriatrics by the time we are 21.
Jules: I missed gymnastics today. For the first time in six years.
Elliana: See? See how bad this is? We have to tell somebody. Our parents, a doctor or the police.
Sophia: And what. You'll end up as a mermaid, in a straight jacket with moisturised skin? Forget it.
Jules: Sophia's right, Ellie. We can't tell anyone.
Elliana: Not even mum?
Jules: No. No parents.
Elliana: But I tell my mum everything.
Jules: Well not this time. It's too dangerous, people just won't understand. As we could be locked up.
Elliana: Why in the world, would we be locked up?
Jules: Because we are different. And possibly because we can do things that other girls can't do. Or because they might be scared of us.
Elliana: Fine. I won't tell anyone. Except Jentzen.
Sophia: No, Ellie. Not Jentzen, not anyone.
Elliana: Okay, okay. Don't worry I'm really good at keeping secrets.
Elliana's pov: We all get out bags and heads off to school, when ella comes by with one of her annoying announcements.
Ella: Okay, everyone. Now that it's party time people. There's no excuses. And in honour of our very own surfing god, aka the beautiful Bryon, for winning his special prize...that he got over the weekend.
Elliana: What prize?
Ella: Whatever they give out for surfing, these days.
Jules: It was the coast surf close classic. He was actually one by a mile.
Ella: I was having a spray tan, but I'm 100% sure that he did incredible. Oh hi Sophia, I'm sure I might have a blank. Ummm.
Sophia: Sorry. But...I won't be coming as I'll be flossing my teeth that night.