Chapter 18: Trying to stop eddy but...things go horribly wrong

Eddie: Hurry up, I really don't wanna be the last one to leave again. We have got to make up for the catch we lost yesterday, so we've got to get a move on. As we have a long/big day ahead of us so let's cast off! As we're headed for Patterson's beach.
Johno: Hey, Patterson's beach is a no go zone.
Eddie: I'm using the old nets too, Johno. Have you got an opinion on that?
Johno: Yeah, our boss won't like that one bit.
Eddie: There's only one boss on this boat, Johno, and that's me. So just be quiet and do your job.
Eddie's pov: So we went and set sail on our way.
Elliana's pov: I tried to move from my hidden spot to keep a good eye on them. And that's when jentzen found me.
Jentzen: Ellie, what are you doing here?
Elliana's pov: points to the boat.
Jentzen: What's wrong?
Elliana: they're using the wrong nets and going to the wrong places.
Jentzen: You Okay?
Elliana: Yes, I'm gonna go stop them. So… go and tell the others.
Jentzen: What, are you crazy?
Elliana: Just go!
Elliana's pov: I jump into the water.
Jentzen: Ellie?
Jentzen's pov: doesn't see her.
Jentzen: Oh great.
Jentzen's pov goes to find the others.
Elliana's pov: I change as soon as I touched water, and I couldn't figure out how to swim with it while holding my breath, so I relaxed and I realised I could hold my breath. And I went to go and follow the boat and use my instinct on how to swim with the tail.
(Meanwhile above the water with Eddie and Johno)
Eddie: Right. No one is slacking off today. So keep your eyes open for that shark 🦈.
Johno's pov: pulls out the wrong net.
Johno: Oh yeah, because the shark is the least of your problems right now.
Eddie: Any more lip from you, Johno, you really won't have a job. Got it?
Johno: Okay.
Eddie's pov: Heads back into the cabin.
(Meanwhile underneath the water)

Elliana's pov: Still following the boat from underneath while looking at the reef and corals. Which were so amazing to look at from up close.
(Meanwhile back above the water)

Johno's pov: we have finally got the net ready and realised it.
Eddie's pov: after we realised it, I kept steering the boat and I saw something swimming which was a turtle. And I just ignored it.
Johno's pov: I went into the cabin after I saw the turtle.
Johno: Hey, there are turtles out there.
Eddie: Yeah...so?
Johno: So, that means you can't fish here. It's Illegal. Sasha will have your guts.
Eddie: well, that will only happen if he finds out.
Johno: you're playing a dangerous game, Eddie.
Eddie's pov: Then the fish monitor goes off and looks at it.
Eddie: Look at that. That's not a turtle🐢. So I'm going about it.
Elliana's pov: Keeps swimming behind the boat, where they can't see me.
Eddie: it looks more like that shark🦈. So go get ready. I don't wanna lose it again, you idiot.
(Meanwhile underneath the water)

Elliana's pov: I stop swimming and see the turtles in front of me, from just behind the boat. But when I turn around I see the net coming towards me. And when I tried to swim up quickly my tail got caught in the net. And I got tangled and couldn't get it out. As much as I tried to with all my strength I just got more and more caught.
(Meanwhile back on shore)

Jentzen's pov: after I spoke with Ellie, I sprinted back to jules house hoping they were there and I barged right in.
Jentzen: Guys! Guys! Ellie!
Jules: Where is she?
Jentzen: She's...s...she's in the water.
Sophia: finally, at last!
Jentzen: No...
Sophia: Jentzen! Speak, like a normal person.
Jentzen's pov: does a come on sign with arm and runs out of the house. With the girls behind me and I told them everything.
Sophia's pov: We jump into the water and goes as quickly as we can.

(Meanwhile back out in the water)

Elliana's pov: I was still able to breathe just about, but I really was trapped in the net, trying to get out…but I just couldn't. I kept moving.
Johno's pov: Sees something moving in the net. So I rushed to go tell Eddie.
Johno: Yep, you got it skip. The shark🦈 is in the net.
Eddie: Go, get it up before it rips that net to pieces. As it's not gonna get away this time.
Johno: I pull the lever to bring the net up. And it slowly starts to do so.
Jules and Sophia's pov: we get to the place and tries to find the net. We finally found it And we swam over to Ellie as she got caught. We shake her but she has her eyes closed. Sophia was trying to pull it apart.
Jules pov: Sophia stays down there with her and I go up to the boat where the gears would be.
Eddie's pov: sees it slowly coming up
Eddie: It must be a big one. As it's fighting hard.
Jules pov: I freeze 🥶 the gear ⚙️ box completely solid and it stops within seconds. Making them really confused. And I go back down and helps Sophia get Ellie out of the net which we were able to do and we swim back up to to the top of the water, holding onto her so that we could get her some air.
Elliana's pov: gets to the top and gets a big bit of air.
Jules: are you ok?
Elliana: Yeah, I just panicked. I didn't know you could hold your breath for so long. But then I remembered what you guys said. And you know what? I lost count at six and half minutes.
Sophia: Umm...let's talk about this later guys.
Sophia, Ellie's and Jules pov: we all swam off quickly before we got caught. And we headed back to shore. Just like the boat did later that day.
Elliana's pov: I left the girls half way and headed straight to the docks to go and tell my head, straight away.
Sasha: Ellie, are you ok? Is something wrong?
Elliana: Dad I really have to tell you something, and you're not gonna like it.
Sasha's pov: listens to what Ellie told me and I heads straight to my boat to hear Eddie giving orders.
Eddie: Have you got rid of the net?
Sasha: What net, Eddie?
Eddie's pov: Stays silent. As I know my lies won't save me.
Sasha: Didn't you hear me, Eddie? I said, what net?
Eddie: The umm...the net that?
Sasha: Johno?
Johno: Yep.
Sasha: Can you please tell me what's really been happening here?
Johno: I'll be happy to.
Sasha: Okay, please do.
Johno: for the past couple of days he's been making us use the wrong nets and going to the wrong spots and beaches. We all told him not to but he didn't really seem to care at all.
Sasha: Well Eddie, you're fired and you're not having a bother shot so deal with it.
Sasha's pov: I left the boat and headed straight home for dinner and it was the talk of the conversations as ruby was asking me about it.
Sasha: Well, today...was alright and I fired Eddie. As I trusted him and he broke every single rule in the book. I really couldn't keep him on after that.
Ruby: You're so tough dad.
Elliana: the turtles🐢 will thank you for it.
Sasha: Ellie, how did you know he was using the wrong nets and fishing in the wrong areas?
Elliana: Well...I heard a whisper. As it's always full of mysteries, the sea 🌊 Right, dad?
Sasha: Yeah. Sure.
Elliana: I'm also really sorry for doubting you dad.
Sasha: thanks sweetheart.
Elliana's pov: then my phone started to ring so I answered it and it was jentzen.
Elliana: Jentzen?
Jentzen: yup it's me, are you okay?
Elliana: Yeah. Also look, tomorrow morning can u meet me at the beach. There's something I wanna show you.
Jenzten: of course I can, I'll see you then.
Jentzen's pov: We end the call and the next morning I headed to the beach.
Elliana's pov: I arrive at the beach the next day to see Jentzen making a circle around some turtle eggs. So me and the girls walk over to him.
Jentzen: Guys! Look, turtle eggs.
Elliana: Aweeee, little turtles are so cute🥰. I hope they all make it.
Jenzten: So, you want to show me something.
Elliana: yes I do. Ready?
Sophia and Jules: We were born ready.
Sophia, Jules and Ellie's pov: for the first time ever we all run and dive into the water holding hands as one and we all change at once and flaps out tails and goes for a swim at once which was so amazing. And so unreal.