Chapter 17: Confronting my dad and caught up in eddies lies

Elliana's pov: After hearing what my friends said to me. I decided to go and find him to go and talk to him about it. So I left the cafe and headed down to the docks where I was able to find him. It only took me like 20 mins. And I walked into his boat and he was coming out of the bunker/cabin aka the room underneath the boat.
Sasha: Ellie, what are you doing here? I haven't seen you down here for ages now. Did you see me On tv? Did I look okay? How about that shark🦈, eh?
Elliana: You don't really know what actually gets caught in your nets, do you?
Sasha: Is this about that turtle 🐢 thing again?
Elliana: Yes, what else would it be about?
Sasha: Ellie, we use the right nets and we fish in the right places I promise. As it's actually the law and we swear to never break it.
Elliana: I'm really disappointed in you dad.
Elliana's pov: I walked away from his boat.
Sasha: Ellie!
Elliana's pov: I just carried on walking. And that's when Eddie turned up.
Eddie's pov: Walks back onto his boat that we were using.
Eddie: Boss! I didn't know you were back.
Sasha: It's starting to look like I shouldn't have gone away.
Eddie: I'm really sorry that I loss half of the catch.
Sasha: We'll know fisherman in his right mind would've been able to predict a shark 🦈 attack Eddie. Not even me.
Eddie's pov: I started to lie right to his face.
Eddie: The net was completely shredded.
Sasha: Where is that net, Eddie?
Eddie: Well I decided to dump it. Cause what's the point of keeping a completely wrecked net?
Sasha: To use as evidence.
Eddie: Well I dumped it.
Sasha's pov: Leaves the boat.
(Meanwhile back at the cafe)

Elliana's pov: Walks straight back up to the cafe and sat down with Jules and Sophia again. While talking really quietly.
Elliana: He completely denied the whole entire thing. It's really awful. I mean what else could I have said to him? I know you're lying dad, because my mermaid 🧜🏻‍♀️ friends saw you fishing really close to the nesting beach.
Sophia: He was also using illegal nets, too.
Jules: It's True. And they didn't have those grid things in them either.
Elliana: this just keeps getting worse and worse. My dad...
Sophia: Well, to be honest...we didn't actually see your dad.
Elliana: But it was his boat, right?
Jules and Sophia Pov: We both nod to her question.
Jules Pov: We all decided to leave the cafe Ellie went back home we think. But me and Sophia went down to the docks to see what was happening. People were sharpening fishing hooks and chatting to one another.
Sophia: You're so right. Almost every fisherman on this side of the planet is getting ready and really psyched to catch this stupid shark 🦈.
Jules pov: and that's when we walked into Eddie and he heard us talking.
Eddie: Shark 🦈? Aren't you girls worried that it's still out there in those waters?
Sophia: Why would we're just teens?
Eddie's pov: hold the hook to my face.
Eddie: We'll don't be because it's gonna be Sushi 🍱.
Jules pov: we both walked away from him.
Jules: Well what a circus. They will be searching literally everywhere and wreck.
Sophia: Are you ready for a swim?
Jules: Absolutely, No way. As it will be too dangerous with all of these guys out there. And let's face it, until this cools down a bit, we are officially grounded.
(Meanwhile with elliana)

Elliana's pov: I walked back home for a little bit, then I decided to go back out again when I got really bored of thinking in my room. So I decided to head back down to the cafe, and I started thinking again. And that's when Jentzen walked up to me.
Jentzen: I know what you're thinking. As Jules and Sophia told me about your dad.
Elliana: Great. Just great. So now the whole world knows my dad is a criminal. What would you do, in a situation like this?
Jentzen: I would probably change my name and move to the country. But that's just me.
Elliana: you're literally no help.
Jentzen: Oh, come on, well at least it's taking your mind of the whole...you know, mermaid 🧜🏻‍♀️ thing.
Elliana: Okay. I will admit to you that I am scared of it. Is that what you wanted to hear?
Jentzen: Ellie, everyone is afraid and scared of something, not just you. But you, really are amazing as you can do anything.
Elliana: Just because I've got these powers doesn't mean I'm amazing.
Elliana's pov: Walks away from the conversation.
Jentzen: I wasn't talking about the powers.
Jentzen's pov: walks away as well.
Elliana's pov: I decided to head back home. I decided to have a bath when I turned away from seeing my tail and was thinking really hard about what my friends said. And I sigh really heavily. And I got out of the bath an hour later as my dinner was ready. So I went downstairs and sat at the table.
Ruby: Are you gonna catch that shark 🦈 tomorrow dad?
Sasha: Maybe. As the council has put out a bounty. As everyone is gonna be looking for it. And if we run into it, then we'll pick it up.
Elliana's pov: Stays quiet.
Lindsay: What's the matter ellie, you look really upset and worried?
Elliana: I'm just not hungry.
Sasha: It's fish. Come on, eat.
Elliana's pov: Started to get mad.
Elliana: Like I said, I'm not hungry.
Sasha: I caught it this morning. Fresh from the Esmeralda.
Elliana: The Esmeralda? I thought you were on your own boat this morning.
Sasha: Well when you own three boats, you've got to be really flexible. As Gus is in hospital. So that means I have to be skippering the Esmeralda, until he's able to be back on deck.
Elliana: So...you weren't on your own boat this morning?
Sasha: I literally just explained.
Elliana: So...you don't really know what it's been catching...or...where it's been fishing.
Sasha: Eddie has been skippering for me. And I really do trust his judgement and I know for a fact that he wouldn't do anything wrong.
Elliana's pov: went to bed straight after dinner and that night and the next morning I went back to the docks to try and see what's going on without anyone seeing me.