Chapter 9: The party is actually a pool party

Ella's pov: Walks away from Sophia, rolling my eyes as I leave.
Jentzen's pov: Walks over to Ellie.
Jentzen: Hey, Ellie.
Elliana: Oh, hi Jentzen. Nothing much has been happening with me, nothing at all. Just the same old thing.
Jentzen: Ellie, uh...are you going to Ella's party?
Elliana: Of course I'm going.
Ella's pov: Walks back towards the lockers.
Ella: Now don't forget, girls. To bring your best bikinis, as it's a pool party.
Jentzen: Right. Uh, well...seeing as you're going–
Elliana: I've changed my mind. I'm not going.
Elliana's pov: Walks to my next class and after school, me and the girls walk home together.
Elliana: It's soooo, uncool to miss one of Ella's parties. She won't ask us ever again.
Sophia: So? I don't really see the problem. And besides, I think it's a plus.
Elliana: It's a pool party. I know it's dangerous, but maybe if i told jentzen about us, he could look out for us.
Sophia: No way! Absolutely not! You did the right thing anyways, Ellie. None of us are going.
Jules: No, wait. I think we should go. For Byron's sake and not for ella. Surfing's just like swimming, it takes a lot of hard work and a ton of training. And besides, he needs to know that everyone's supporting him, no matter what.
Sophia: You like Byron so much, don't you?
Jules: No, way.
Sophia: Well, you are starting to sound like an ad for breakfast cereal. So yeah, you like him.
Jules: Well, if we learn more about what's actually happening to us, we might actually be able to control it enough, so that we can go to the party.
Elliana: Really?
Sophia: Well, what is there to learn? That we don't already know. Because from what I know. As soon as we touch water, everything changes as the next thing we know 10 seconds later, we grow these tails.
Jules: But then it could also be about developing discipline. With exercising the control.
Elliana: That'll be perfect. As well as great. The control. Then we could most definitely go to the party. I'll text Jentzen.
Sophia: Well, I hope you realise that you're actually going to have to swim to 100% test this theory.
Elliana: What?
Jules: yep. You will need to cause otherwise it won't work.
Elliana: No way! Forget it.
Sophia's pov: We were able to convince her to come down to the beach with us but she's refusing to move. Into the water.