Forgiveness, My Lord!

I didn't hesitate in making my way up to him. There he was, punching a bag ruthlessly. For a second, I felt relieved that I was skinny and he hadn't punched me like that. 'Dominic!' I called from behind him, trying to get his attention but he smoothly ignored me. He continued punching the bag as if he didn't notice that I was there. That made me swear in my head.

'Dominic!' I called again, putting my hand on his shoulder. He punched harder and his elbow mistakenly hit my ribcage since I was standing behind him. I flinched in pain and tried to joke, 'I told you, Dominic, you don't need to break my other three ribs. Well, now only two are left.'

He stopped at my words and turned around, sighing. 'What do you want?'

'Thy forgiveness, My Lord!' I mimicked an old accent. He shook his head in dismay and resumed punching the bag. 'Dominic please!' I whined in my normal voice. Again his elbow hit me in another rib and this time I snapped, 'Dominic will you please stop punching that damn thing? You're hurting me for god's sake!'

'What do you want?'

'I want you to know that I am not just a skinny little girl, you don't have to be so angry!' He didn't answer, he looked away in distance. 'What if I swear to follow the diet? Huh, would that suffice?' I asked, making my voice a little, okay well, very much childish, I even tugged on his sleeves as a child would.

He sighed and turned to me. 'Fine! Now, show me a punch!'

I nodded and was about to throw and punch when Dominic grabbed my hand. 'What?' I asked, rolling my eyes.

He handed me a pair of boxing gloves. I knew it was useless to argue so I put them on without a complaint and punched the bag with all my strength. To my surprise, it barely vibrated. I frowned. When Dominic had been punching it, it was bouncing back and forth, now it barely moved. I turned to him who was trying to contain his laughter. 'Meanie!' I pouted and tried punching it again. Again, the bag barely vibrated. I punched, again and again, even as the pain started growing in my knuckles and scapula. Dominic watched as I kept on punching that damn thing. The bag only moved slightly, and even after that, I didn't stop. That was when Dominic decided to step in.

'That's enough,' he pulled me away from the bag by putting his arms gently on the sides of my waist. I scowled at him as he took off my gloves. 'You're stubborn!'

'And you're mean!' I answered as he took my small bruised hands into his enormous palms.

'Let's get you some ice, shall we?'

'I am fine!' I argued.

'I can see that!' Being skinny had its disadvantages. One of them was that you couldn't possibly stop a 200 pounds man from dragging you. At one point he just flung me over his shoulders, and I knew there was no getting out of this.

'Is it too late to go back to Mr. Hobkins?' he didn't say anything as he put me down in front of the nurse.

'What happened to her? Is she alright?' The nurse asked, her face filled with concern. I must say that over the years, I've grown closer with the nurse. I mean, I have had far fewer encounters with her than anyone I know, yet I am the one who gets most of her scolding.

In my defense, I really didn't know what a dislocated bone was, much less what harm it could do. Nor did I know what a gun's safety was, much less not to use a gun without its safety on. I could go on and on you know, but the list is pretty long; the incident with the boning knife, the spear, the tar, it goes on.

'She got bruised!' Dominic answered, pulling me out of my train of thoughts.

'She got her lungs bruised?'

'No, just my knuckles. It's nothing, honestly.'

'You said that the time you accidentally stabbed yourself with a spear!' she scolded, turning to Dominic. 'You boy, thanks for bringing her here. She doesn't come until she's dying!'

I pouted as she pressed an ice cube against my knuckles. 'How does one accidentally stab themselves with something as big as a spear?' Dominic questioned, amused but I could hear the suspicion in his voice that made me gulp slightly.

'Accidents happen!' I replied shortly.