Deep Trouble (worse than bleeding to death)

I didn't even have time to react as his fist collided with my ribcage. I gasped as an uneasy feeling spread through my chest. And I knew what was coming before it did. There was no time to hide from Dominic.

I stumbled backwards, unable to stand straight because of the pain. He grabbed me by my neck and I realized how being choked felt like. His grip tightened and dark spots started dancing in front of my eyes. With all his force he slammed my head into the nearest wall. It made me wonder how I hadn't snapped my neck yet.

I instantly started coughing up blood that was filling my lungs.

That didn't catch Dominic's attention at first, he continued to ignore me. But then, as I fell to the floor, he turned to me. His eyes widened at the sight of me coughing blood. Of course, he'd already seen people cough blood so it wasn't an unusual sight for him.

'Dominic?' I pleaded as my eyes started getting heavier. 'Please...'

'Oh, now you're pleading, huh?' he growled, stepping on my broken ribcage. I didn't even have the might to scream, so, all I could do was cry. 'This was how it should've played out the first time we fought. I should've just beaten you like any other opponent. You'd think after years of fighting I'd know better than to show mercy to ungrateful little twits.'

'Please, Dominic, please stop!' I begged, barely managing to speak. He applied more pressure, and I gave up the fight inside me. I let my head fall to my side and wept silently. I could feel something trickle out of my nose, and I knew it was blood.

Dominic knelt beside me and shook my head. I looked at him with my eyes void of emotions. He slammed my head against into the floor, and I could feel more than tears falling out of my eyes. I could feel blood. Of course, he didn't notice. Great, I was dying.

I expected Dominic to help me in any way or at least apologize. But he left, just like that. Leaving me dying. I cursed myself for believing for even one second that we had something because if we did, he wouldn't have just left like that.

I could see the lights go out in the distance and I laid there, helpless, as the whole training center shut down and no one noticed me dying on the floor. But that wasn't the worst part.

The worst part was when I was noticed. Because it wasn't by a nobody, no. Nor was it by someone who was a kind and loving person. It was by the guy who I hadn't beaten the crap out of the other day.

And he wasn't alone.

And I knew I was in deep trouble.