Alex

Over my life, mostly everyone has disappointed me. Everyone, but Alex. Ever since we started football together, he became a constant in my life. He was that person who never left me no matter what, nor did he ever disappoint me.

I remember, when we were seven I had gotten into a fight with some older guys. Even then, he had come to my rescue and we had both gotten home smiling with purple bruises. It didn't matter if we were hurt, we were together.

There were times we had fought, there were times we hadn't spoken to each other for days. But all it took was one of us to get into trouble and the other one would come running there. For three consecutive years in middle school we were the "mostly likely to date". But we never did, for reasons neither of us understood.

There was a short period of time when I had developed feelings for him, but I never acted upon them because I was scared it would destroy our friendship.

For a short while I think even he developed feelings for me.

I buried mine deep inside, but my care for him only grew, and so did his. He is one of those people I could always rely on. Well, he was one of the very few people I could always rely on.

I had a long list of friends, ones who I am very close to, but my relationship with Alex is strongest. Sometimes you just meet someone who you grow very close to. Sometimes it just clicks with a few people. Alex and I just clicked like that.

All these thoughts clouded my head as I sat on my bed, my chin on my knees and I just stared at him sleeping beside me.

He had come over to help me study, and while I had gone to grab some snacks, he had fallen asleep.

His head was resting on against the hard frame of the bed and his neck was twisted at an awkward angle.

I closed all of our books and put them aside. Cupping his cheek with my hand, I slowly slide the pillow in the space between his arms and the head and lifted his head a little.

His eyes opened and he looked confused for a second before they landed on me and he offered a weak, sleepy smile. 'I am sorry, I-'

'Don't worry about it. Get some sleep, okay?'

He was too tired to answer that, so he just nodded and lied down wordlessly. I covered him with a blanket, smiling sadly at his tired stature.

I pressed a small kiss on his temple, and squeezed his hand before switching off the lights to let him sleep.

My mother was cooking dinner outside. She turnedaround as she heard me come out and nodded understandingly. Alex had slept overoften so it wasn't an unusual occurrence. He had a lot of formal gatherings andmeetings to attend with his father, so he barely got any sleep. He often justcame over to sleep. 

Hey guys I am back!! Sorry, I had to go for a chess tournament.