Diamonds

Luke turned around, faster than light, a guarded expression on his face. He waited, for Dominic to throw a punch or an insult at him, as Dominic stood up and approached him. But Dominic surprised us both, apparently his own self too.

He said a word I never thought I would hear him say to Luke. 'Thanks,' Yes, he thanked him. 'For getting her out of there.' And that wasn't it. 'Thank you,'

Shocked, Luke turned to me, and I was certain I mirrored his expression. Luke regained his composure, and nodded at Dominic before heading out. I stared at Dominic as he sat back and he looked at me, and I let my expression change from shocked to a soft one. I smiled gratefully and him and managed a small "thank you".

'Don't talk,' he sternly nodded, but gave a small smile in response. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the pen and paper and wrote,

Don't you want to go home? A storm's coming.

She handed it to him, and his eyebrows raised slightly at the question. 'I think I'd rather stay, after all, I did promise your brother. Besides, I think the storm has already begun. Wouldn't it be quite unsafe to leave now?'

I hated the fact that he had a point. I knew he was just bending words to convince her that he couldn't leave and in fact, he was trying to make up to me, and I truly appreciated his efforts.

I could hear rain droplets fall on the floor, and soon, the glass windows, black in the night, looked like they had been studded beautifully with diamonds. The white lights from the outside illuminated the rain droplets on the window pane, making them shine brightly. I truly loved the sight.

I turned to Dominic, about to point out the sight, but he was already looking at me. He had a soft smile on his face, and when I pointed at the beautiful sight, he simply turned towards it and admired it, his smile only growing. And then, he turned back to me, with his smile wider.

I let my head rest back on the pillow, and fixed my eyes on the window. The rain outside grew heavier, and the sound of droplets falling increased, but it remained pretty nonetheless. I closed my eyes, and my head sank deeper into the pillow. Turning to my right, I curled up as ball as the temperature dropped, and then, turned all my focus on the beautiful and rhythmic melody of raindrops.

Wind roared outside, making the sound better, and I didn't realize when I fell asleep, feeling cosy and comfortable for the first time in a while.

Who else is excited for Sabrina's next song's premiere?