𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

Never tell anyone this, but if you ever want something from someone and I mean really, really

Never tell anyone this, but if you ever want something from someone and I mean really, really. The best course of action is to always, bribe them, with something they want.

So here I am in the line of Johnson's Burger, the fourth fast food outlet, that I've been in today, because I have a twenty-four year old woman, at home, in my house, likely screaming at whoever it is, that messed up something, that even a nine year old could to, 'cause people are incompetent like that.

I really took what my father said, deeply, so now I'm hoping that with my, I wouldn't call it a bribe, because she could say, no and I'd go with that, I'd just call it an incentive, yeah that. The only thing is, she gets to eat it and enjoy it, all by herself, while the smell antagonizes my nostrils, because the world is evil like that, but it's fine.

Anything to get her to say yes.

Exiting that place, that should not exist, I hop into my car and set off to home.

I bought that house, after my abusive, bitch of a mother, left us, for the infinite time. Dramatic, I know, but she was the real drama queen, so blame it on her.

I have know idea, what my father saw in her, like none. She's as beautiful, as a cake covered down in flour, as compelling as ice-cream with no flavour and her personality, god that obnoxious, self-righteous, personality of her's, is worse, than what people these days call, living.

I'm broken out of my thoughts, by a vibration of my phone. Answering it, via my car, I wait for the person on the other side, to use their god-given gift of speech.

"We have a problem, Nico." A voice that reminds me so much of the darkness, of night or anything monstrous really, if it could talk.

"Yeah, so do I. A crisis really, but do go on, tell me what is more important than possibly upsetting, someone from Trinidad. A woman, to be exact."

"Gang war. Between Marco and Antonio." Fuck.

That's the last thing I need right now.

"Why? Tell me, why the fuck two of my under-bosses are getting their merda, so out of proportion. Hmm, Leandro?"

"Non lo so e francamente questo potrebbe essere uno dei migliori intrattenimenti che abbiamo avuto da settimane."

{I don't know and frankly this may be one of the best entertainment we've had in weeks.}

The fucker is not wrong, but as the Capo, I have to put a stop to this before it gets out of han-

Catterina

"Isn't Catterina, Antonio's figlia?"

"Huh, yeah she is. You think she's somehow connected to this war, Capo?"

I nearly snorted, that's a big somehow. But I wouldn't leave it to chance.

"I don't think so, but still look into it. Have Elio, do what he does best too. I want to know if she's done something and if so, we'll clip that tree down, before it grows to big."