𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Okay, I've had my pity party, now is the time for me to get my ass up

and out that door.

Author

"Adaeze, do you mind telling us, how you snagged the former #1 bachelor of New York City?"

I smile at that question, cause the answer no matter how much I detest it, is my father. But I'm petty, so he gets no credit.

"That, Aren is a complicated story. But the shortened version is that I was in Malta for a fashion exhibition and when I got to my hotel, one of the receptionist told me, that my room was given away to someone else. And when I tell you I was pissed, I mean it. I pulled out my phone, opened the Rate Us app and proceeded to give them a 0.5 review, but before I could this man, known as Domenico Cosa Ricci came up from behind me, grabbed my phone and told the receptionist that I would take his room and he would stay somewhere else. Low and behold, that was his hotel."

Aren started to laugh and so did the audience, in the building.

I grin and add, "No, it serves me right. I should have done my research, before booking the hotel, but in my defense I was running on four hours sleep. I didn't have time for all of that."

He gave me a joking glare and all I did was smile sheepishly.

"Okay, next question. This one is about your company. How is it that you turned a company that was making barely 500 million dollars a year, to a multi-billion dollar company in just three years?"

"Uhm, I really don't know how I did it. All I know is that I wanted more from this company, my company and I worked towards that more. Of course I couldn't do it without my employees and their ideas, but if you want something in this life, you have to go of it, no matter how impossible it may seem."

"So what you're saying is that if I want to take you out on a date, I could?" He muses. I know he isn't serious, mainly because he's into men.

"Oh my, what would your boyfriend, think of that Aren?"

He looks at me as if I'd just said the most unbelievable thing in the world.

"He'll understand. He knows that you are the only woman, I'd ever willingly turn straight for. And besides have you seen yourself."

"You are a flirt, Aren." I deadpan, with a mischievous smile. 

"My mama always said I either own it or hide it. I choose the prior." He says while, running his hand through his red hair, his green eyes piercing into my grey.

Nodding my head, I said. "True."

"Now this question is one most of the viewers wants an answer too. Why have you decided to join the CFDC, this year?" 

My answer takes a couple seconds but then it's coming out.

"Well, my company is finally on what I believe is stable ground and the truth is, I've always wanted to participate, it's just I was focused on building up my business, making a name for myself."