𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Just because you're in a tough situation, doesn't mean there's not a way out.

Author♡

"You wah talk 'bout it?" 

Moving towards her, albeit hesitantly I take her into my outstretched arms and bring her towards her bed.

She's looking at me, as if in disbelief and honestly, I can't believe I'm in this position with her either.

"Ever since my dad died and even before that, she was always distant, emotionally abusive, verbally too. But it only got physical, after my dad passed. No one was there to stop her anymore." She looks away and move away from my embrace, going to the wall on the other side of the room.

"She would bring her 'friends', yuh know? Everytime they came over, I had to 'entertain' them. No, it wasn't like that, but my body has seen and experienced the brutality of my mother's love. They would drug me up- so high, that I swore I'd stay up there for weeks. Right. And then they would watch these enormous men, pummel my body- until I was too out of it, bloodied and broken." As she closes her eyes and voice her traumatic experience, I could tell she's reliving it.

The last time she looked this hunted, was the night she packed up her shit and left, like she was just a passing cloud in my life.

"Want me to kill her?" That gets a weak chuckle out of her, but then she's looking at me with teary eyes again and I swear I saw something flash in front of her eyes, but it's back to the same look in no time.

Shaking her head, she moves towards- what I believe is her closet, taking clothes out of it and then she proceeds to go to the bathroom. I sigh and bring the over sized t- shirt up to my nose.

Almond and chocolate.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*

"The fuck is you doing?"

I hold the satellite phone to chest level- the same one Elio said is 'suppose' to be track proof, by anyone but him.

Lord, I really hope that's true.

I'm standing in Eléa's closet- it's not as roomy as I thought it would be, in fact, my lower body is starting to cramp, but oh well. The things I do for Nico.

We've actually been married for around ten months now and this is the first time, I've been successfully kidnapped. Fun!

The mafia is dangerous, people. DON'T get involved.

I raise my head, from looking at the miniature screen and give her a stink eye, followed by side eye. Obviously, I'm trying to order pizza. What the fuck does she think I'm doing?

Rolling my eyes, I look back down on the screen and would you have it, the motherfucker answered me.

Don't call , I type.