𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Adaeze had conflicting feelings, it was like two opposite sides of herself were warring with this one situation, presented to her. With most of the things in her life, she would choose to ignore it or deal with it indirectly. But, as she followed her ex-girlfriend through the very halls that have haunted Eléa, since her father passed, she couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if...and that's where she caught herself. Eléa leaving might have hurt, but she got over it. 

As she did with every other challenge, that life had thrown at her. So why did something she accomplished all those years ago, come back to haunt her now?

I really couldn't tell you.

The woman in front of her, wasn't the woman, that always had a smile on- even when there wasn't really anything to smile for.

Adaeze remembers a time when her smile could outshine any star in the sky. This Eléa, was the Eléa that she didn't show when she was with Adaeze, she didn't want her to feel burdened with secrets that were supposed to be in the past. 

But that's the thing about secrets, they can't hide in the dark for too long. They'll need to breathe sometime.

*.*.*.*

Light on their steps, the two women continue to tread their way. Adaeze walking with her head high and focused and Eléa, with a constant frown on her face. Turning down multiple corridors, Eléa finally stops in front of a brown wooden door.

Resting her hand on the handle she pulls it down and pushes it open. Side eyeing her, Adaeze walks boldly into the office.

She couldn't comprehend why someone as important as Alizée would leave her Chamber of Secrets open. Her over-confidence is Adaeze's gain. Simple.

If you're going to be egotistical, at least be smart with it.

In the room, there's some books here and there, a desk with a lamp on it and a tall window to the back of said desk.

This woman's boring. Is her conclusion.

"Your mother isn't afraid is she?" Clicking her tongue, she moves towards the obnoxiously long desk and open the laptop in front of her. Silently hoping there wasn't a password, but of course that was wishful thinking.

"There's not much that frightens that woman, anymore."

Looking at her, from her bent over position, Adaeze tilts her head. 

"Why are you helping me? I mean getting back at your mother can't be the only reason."

One: This woman is surprisingly neat.

Looking around the basic, yet so unconvincingly stagnant room, Adaeze can't help but feel this woman is overcompensating. Or under. It's like, she went out of her way to make this room as uncompelling as she possibly could. So much so, that there isn't even an unfinished glass of some kind of alcohol, or the repugnant scent left behind by various chemicals one may use to get high. 

Two: She's definitely not this neat.

"Sometimes, you don't really need a reason. Sometimes, you want something, so much that all logical sense abandons you until all that's left is the thing you've allowed to become the object, that could break you." Adaeze simply shrugs at that answer and move over to Alizée's bookshelf.

"Too each their own." To be honest, Adaeze couldn't really concentrate on anything other than getting out of this hell hole and back in the hands of her husband. 'Cause that's where she belonged. 

Nico makes her feel like she's the most desirable woman in the universe. The way he speaks to her, looks at her, just is with her. She could never imagine giving that up, willingly or otherwise to anyone.