two | coincidence

TRINITY

It's been a month since I've seen Aaron. But that's the last thing on my mind. Or it was.

I'm not really thinking about him, just sex in general.

The last time I saw him was at Reid's father's funeral.

Athena was wearing some scandalous dress and I had made eye contact with him.

At first I thought he was looking at Athena but I realized how wrong I was. He was staring at me for some reason.

It left a blush on my face.

I'm currently sitting in my new favorite coffee shop, planning my vacations for this year.

I'm almost done planning my last vacation when the bell on the door rings.

I look up for a second and look back at my laptop but then I look up again when I realize who just came into the coffee shop.

Aaron Florence just walked into my favorite coffee shop.

He doesn't see me until after he orders his plain black iced coffee.

Once he gets handed his coffee, he goes to my table and pulls out the chair in front of me and sits in it, he spreads his legs while keeping eye contact with me.

"Hi." I say the first words as I remove my fingers from my keyboard.

"Hey, Trinity." He says my name and I adjust my seating because I didn't expect him to use my name in a greeting. "Long time, no see."

I just nod and smile in return.

"God, stop being so fucking awkward. It's why everyone just uses you."

Jared's words in my head wipes the smile off my face.

"How have you been?" I ask, trying to forget about Jared and his existence.

"Good, lots of things on my mind." He answers as a small smile plays on his face. Dimples. "I had a question for you."

"What's your question?" I reply a little too fast.

He chuckles lowly. "I was wondering if you were free tomorrow night?"

I take a glance at my schedule on my screen and don't see anything marked down for tomorrow.

"I am free tomorrow." I answer, making eye contact with him again.

"Great, would you like to go on a date tomorrow then?" He questions.

I think about it for a moment.

You haven't been on a date since Jared.

What's the harm?

Last time you went on a date, he fingered you but couldn't make you come.

"Okay, pick me up at seven." I give him a small smile as I watch him take a sip of his coffee.

"See you then." He winks at me before getting up and leaving the cafe. Before he exits the doors, he looks back at me and smiles.

Great, now I have to plan for tomorrow.

Usually, at this point of the date, I would be moaning in the backseat of his car.

But I'm not. I'm laughing with him in the passenger seat.

"Why did you laugh at that kid tripping?" Aaron chuckles.