twenty-one | redemption

TRINITY

"What about Ajax?" Aaron suggests.

We're discussing names for the baby as he drives us to look at houses.

"No, I'm not feeling that name." I sigh.

"What about Jack?"

"No, it seems kind of basic."

"Aaron Junior?"

I turn my head to look at him. I blink.

"What?"

"For short, AJ."

I think about it for a few seconds. It doesn't sound that bad.

"I'll add it to our maybe list."

"Good."

"How many rooms do these houses have?" I ask.

"Like five to six, why?" He answers.

"Just wondering." I let a breath of air out.

Aaron and I's relationship has been complicated lately. Before, we were just not together. Now, I think I want to give Aaron a second chance, I just don't know what's stopping me. He found Cleo for me and I can't thank him enough.

I don't know how to thank him.

A cookie? A gift card? Buy him dinner? Buy him coffee? Head?

Stop being horny.

It's not like I can help it. Aaron's around and my hormones have been crazy.

The car stops and I snap out of my thoughts and look out the window.

We made it to the first house. I turn my head to look at Aaron and smile.

"Ready?" He asks, grabbing my hand and just holding it.

My heart flutters.

"Yes." I answer.

He lets go of my hand and exits the car.

I frown, looking at my hand that was holding his. I'm already missing it.

He opens my door not even two seconds later and then I'm smiling again because his hand is back in my hand.

We walk towards the front door, Aaron has all the keys to each of the houses, all we have to do is pick one and move into it.

I'm so excited.

After we toured the last house, we decided to pick up some food and go back to my house.

"I don't know." I hum, sitting cross legged in front of Aaron on my couch. Cleo is laying down on the floor waiting for food to drop as the pup is taking a nap in the big dog bed. "I liked the fourth house a lot. I mean, they were all nice but the fourth one, it felt like home."

"I agree. I'll call Reid tomorrow to take it." He states, poking around in his food.

I squeal excitedly before leaning over and planting a small kiss on Aaron's lips.

I freeze. Why did that happen instinctively?

Is that a sign? Should I take him back?

I clear my throat. "I'm going to go take a shower, can you clean this up?"

I get up.