twelve | kiss it better

TRINITY

I took a shower when I woke up this morning. It's been nine days since I kicked Aaron out of my house. Since then, he's been texting me at the same time each day.

I've ignored every single one.

When I eat breakfast, I catch myself making two plates instead of one before I start crying.

And then after I eat, I find myself making Cleo's breakfast. Which then makes me sob.

I've put up lost fliers for Cleo. So far, no calls.

I just want my dog back.

I told Athena and my mom about Cleo running away and their on the lookout for my dog.

When I ate lunch, my mom texted me.

She wants me to attend a dinner party Athena's parents are hosting with her.

I agree. Not only because I need to get out of my house and socialize but because I want to see Athena. I miss that bitch like crazy.

I began getting ready, replacing my bandage and putting ointment on the cut so it won't scar.

I do my makeup and then put on my dress and then do my hair. By the time I'm done, my moms here.

I lock my front door after exiting it.

I walk to my moms car and sit in the passenger seat.

"What happened to your face, honey?" My mom asks as she starts backing out of my driveway.

I freeze for a second.

What the fuck do I say?

"A picture frame fell and landed on my face." I lie, this is probably one of the stupidest lies I've ever told.

"Ouch, might want to secure those frames next time." She winces and I just chuckle lightly in response.

"Yeah, I'll have to double check them."

I've been at this dinner party for an hour and I only have one drink in me

Champagne. I tried to drink more but my mom gave me a look that indicated that she was going to slap my hand away if I tried to reach for another glass.

In the meantime, I make small talk with random people before looking around for Athena but she hasn't arrived yet.

I keep my eye on the door for when she does though.

When she gets here, she and her husband make way to greet people but when Athena notices me and the bandage on my face she abandons them and head towards me.

"Trin, what the hell happened?" Athena asks, getting straight to the point.

I want to tell her what happened but I don't want to relive it.

"It's nothing, Athena." I reassure her.

"Who did this?" She asks and I frown.