six | amore

TRINITY

I didn't understand what I did wrong. I've been doing everything a good "girlfriend" does. But why should it matter if I've been acting like a good "girlfriend" when Aaron hadn't even discussed with me what we were.

Sure, he had taken me on this vacation. But he didn't give me the exact reason why we were here.

"I just want to spend time with you." Seemed sweet at first. But now it seems like an excuse.

Why didn't he tell me the truth? Does he not trust me?

I didn't even mean to snoop, it was just right in front of my face when I woke up.

He was holding me but he was writing in a journal. I had just opened my eyes but I hadn't made a sound yet.

It had a calendar on it and some days had words written in it and some didn't. The only ones that didn't were yesterday and the days until our vacation ends. Todays date said one simple thing.

Birthday.

It was Aaron's birthday.

And he hadn't even mentioned a single thing about it. I felt a piece of my heart crack as I stared at that one stupid word.

And then the intrusive thoughts came.

And that's how I ended up currently silently crying on Aaron's arm. He must have felt it because he closes his journal and tilts his head down to me.

"Trin? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asks, his voice coming out hoarse and raspy.

"I'm not crying." I respond, wiping my eyes with the back of my hands.

"Then why is my arm wet?" He questions, quirking an eyebrow up as I move my head to look at him.

"I just don't understand why you didn't tell me." I mumble, sitting up.

"Didn't tell you what?" His face seems like it's actually confused.

His face goes pale at what I say next. "That your birthday is today."

"Trinity-"

"What's wrong with your birthday? Why didn't you tell me?" My words come out rushed and I feel my eyes begin to water more.

"I didn't want you to make a big deal out of anything Trin." He mutters as I swipe at my eyes.

"I just want you to be happy, I wasn't going to throw a huge party Aaron." I get up from the bed, having to catch my balance. My legs hurt.

If anyone looked through the window they would have a clear view of Aaron and I right now.

They would see how even in the position Aaron put me in, he made sure to find a way to look at him, he doesn't like it when I'm not looking at him.

I shake my head at the thought of last nights events.

I can't think about it. Not only because we are having a serious conversation right now but because it turns me on thinking about it.