eighteen | a date

TRINITY

It's been four months since I told Aaron about the pregnancy. We had so many serious conversations since then.

Right now, our agreement is on co-parenting. Mostly because that's the agreement I feel the most comfortable with right now.

I told Aaron if something were to change between us in the foreseeable future then we can discuss something else.

I have a small bump, when I first noticed it, I sent a picture of the bump to Aaron, then Athena, and then Ayla. And then my mom.

I told my mom three months ago about the pregnancy and she was nothing but supportive. I'm excited to meet the baby.

But every time something big and exciting happened with my pregnancy and I told someone about it, I couldn't figure out who I was forgetting to tell.

When the realization hit, it hurt.

I haven't told Cleo yet. The longer she's been gone the chances of finding her are slim. It saddens me.

"Trin. You good?" Ayla asks, snapping me out of my train of thought.

"I'm fine, what were we talking about?" I sit up, looking around in my room at the scene.

My clothes are laid out on the bed as Ayla and Athena rummage through my closet.

"Your date." Athena states.

I gulp.

Right. That was tonight.

With, Dennis.

The Aaron doppelgänger.

A week ago, I was at the coffee shop with Athena when the doppelgänger came in. At first all he did was make eye contact with me.

But once he got his coffee, he went up to me when I was about to leave with Athena.

He introduced himself to me and I did the same, then he proceeded to ask me on a date.

Athena answered for me. She said it will be good to go out and see other people. To forget about Aaron.

So I agreed.

Which was why I was now getting ready to go on a date with Dennis.

It's not like I don't want to, I think it's good to meet other people that could eventually lead to romance but when Dennis asked me out at the same coffee shop Aaron asked me out at, I didn't feel anything.

I wasn't blushing. I didn't notice anything about his smile and I didn't get any goosebumps when he brushed my fingers passing me his phone so I could put my number in there.

But not everyone can be Aaron.

I really want it to be though.

Ayla stuffs clothes into my arms.

They finally chose an outfit.

We agreed to meet at a restaurant, Ayla was going to drive me there.

I go into my closet and change into the outfit they picked out.