thirteen | aching for revenge

AARON

I've successfully avoided Donovan for the past three weeks. Until now.

He slams my office door open, storms over to me, stands in front of me and sighs.

Dramatic ass bitch.

"We need to talk." He states and I groan. I don't want to talk to him. "You look like shit, man."

I feel like shit.

"What do you want, Don?" I ask, wanting to get this conversation over with.

"Why didn't you tell us about your relationship with whoever you were with that night?" He asks, which reminds me, he's never met Trinity. I don't think. "Who even is she? And why was she even there? You know how unsafe it is."

"I don't need to tell my co-workers about my love life." I state, annoyed.

"We aren't just your co-workers Florence, I'm your friend as much as your mine."

"You don't tell me about your love life."

"You wouldn't like it. And there's not much love, it's just sex."

"Try me."

"Your sister-"

I almost kill Donovan. But he survives.

"What the fuck are you doing with my sister?" I spit, sitting straight and about to pull my gun out.

"Let me finish!" He puts his hands up in defense.

"Explain. Now."

"Alright! All we did was kiss."

"Bullshit. You can't keep your dick in your pants."

"Dude I swear on my fucking balls that I didn't fuck your sister." He states and I cringe.

"I don't like the idea of you swearing on your balls." I say, wondering who the fuck says that.

"Their my most prized possession." He states, making it sound obvious.

I feel like Trinity would be mine, I don't think she would consider herself mine though, at least not anymore.

Which makes me frown.

"We are getting off topic." Donovan clears his throat.

"Why can't we talk about your relationship with my sister?" I ask, not wanting to go back to the main reason why he is here.

"Because there isn't any. Now you may not think your love life is important and has nothing to do with work but ever since that night, whoever she is now extremely important." He explains and I run a hand over my face in frustration, my fingers feel the beard growing in thicker and I hate that I forget to shave.

I don't want to say Trinity's name out loud just in case Reid and his extremely good hearing hears but I think he took a sick day.

But then I remember what we can do if I put Trinity's name in the protection list, the guys haven't had made the connection between the Quinton's and Trinity so I'll have to mention it in the next meeting but I can probably get some security for Trinity now.

I just want her safe.

I sigh deeply before I tell Donovan, "Her name is Trinity. Trinity Elizabeth. We've been a thing for over nine months now. Or were, she broke things off a week or two ago." Worst day of my life. "I was letting her stay at my house because she was having a hard time and her house had gotten broken into."

"Was that the house you told the guys to fix with the broken window in the kitchen?" He asks and I nod.

"We got distracted and I didn't realize things went south until they were already in my house." I continued. "I fucked up. I shouldn't have listened to you."

"What do you mean?" He asks. He doesn't know that Trinity got hurt, he couldn't see it and no one cried out in pain. All he heard was voices.

"She got hurt when she went down, Patrick grabbed her and put a knife up to her face. Her face still has a cut on it." I explain and Donovan's mood changes.

"Fuck, do you have a picture of it?" He asks.

I nod, I took one the day she got it, it was fucked up but Trinity has been taking pictures of it everyday, for the progress.

I pull up the photo. I show it to him.

He looks at the photo, glances back at me, then back at the photo.

He notices my grip on my phone and my curled up fist.

He understands why I'm angry now. Why I've been avoiding him.

"I want all of them fucking dead." I say through gritted teeth.

"Most of them are. We just need to have patience but I promise you, you'll get your revenge." He states like I already didn't fucking know that.

It's not like it's an option. I'm going to get my fucking revenge on them.

I'm angry, and I feel like if I have to wait any longer I might just go insane.

I just want Trinity to be safe. I want her to feel safe.

And if she's with me right now, it wouldn't be.

I'm glad she's putting her safety before me but I miss her like crazy.

Her hair, her smell, her clothes, her smile, her eyes. Everything that is just her.

I wanted to be with Trinity when she woke up, last night after I comforted her but I know she wouldn't have liked that.

So I woke up before her, changed, put a blanket over her, and then I left for work.

I run a hand over my face in frustration.

Need them gone. Need them gone. Need. Them. Gone.

The more my anger builds up the worse my ideas get for my karma.

"It needs to happen fucking soon." I spit out, rubbing my chin, roughly. "You should go."

Donovan nods, "I can't wait for it to happen."

He leaves my office, closing the door behind him.

I can't wait for it either.