twenty-three | after care

AARON

The phrase, "I would kill for her." Is an understatement to me.

I do kill for her. I have killed for her.

I killed those two men who hurt Trinity. I killed her landlords, one of them happened to be her verbally abusive ex. I almost killed Donovan. I almost killed that guy she was on a date with but I lost track of time and decided to save him for another day.

I wait for Trinity in her shower, letting the glass fog up. She doesn't make me wait long, soon enough she's under the running water in my arms.

Her head is on my chest, her ear pressed against my heart. Her arms around me tighten.

"Aaron?" She asks in a soft voice as I lay my head on top of hers.

"Yeah?"

"If we're going to make this work. Us work, I want you to put me first. The baby first." She states, her voice is now serious. "If you can't do that, then I can't be with you."

The idea of Trinity of not being with me makes my blood run cold. That's something I don't want.

I know I had let work take over my whole being when I was with Trinity and I won't let that happen again.

"Of course. Trinity, you and the baby are my top priority right now. All I want is for us to be safe and to be together." I answer, in all honesty. The plan is done. After killing that guy tonight, we had officially taken out the Quinton's.

"You promise?" She tilts her head to look up at me.

"I promise."

I mean it.

"Good."

I let a sigh out. I don't know if the sigh is of relief but whatever kind of sigh it was, it pulled some tension out of my body.

"Is there anything else you want from me?" I say this lightly. I realize the way I phrased it, could use some work.

"Just you, your attention, and your undying love and devotion to me. And if you piss me off from now on, I want you on your knees begging for my forgiveness." She states. She's serious. Her glare is murderous.

I've missed this side of Trinity.

"I will beg for your forgiveness, on my knees, from this day forward." I vow.

"Good." A smile breaks out on her face, replacing her murderous glare. "What about you? Is there anything you want?"

I think for a moment. I want a bunch of things out of our relationship, things I already received from Trinity. But I realize I do want something.

"I want to marry you." I blurt out what was on my mind.

Her eyes widen before she frantically says, "Aaron, I don't want to get married just because of the ba-"

"I don't just want to marry you because of the baby. I don't just want to marry you to wake up to you everyday or be with you forever. I want to marry you because marriage is hard, raising kids is hard, and you're the person I want to go through the hard times with. Life is never going to be easy for us, and just because you marry your soulmate doesn't mean the problems will vanish. Life is hard, and I want to marry you and love you everyday through everything. I don't want to marry you bc it's cute and exciting, I want to marry you bc it's real and hard work and a lifetime of problems and exciting moments but with you is worth every second of it." I interrupt her, spilling everything that I'm thinking about, spilling everything my heart tells me to say.