seventeen | need

TRINITY

Without wine, Athena and I's conversation are way more serious.

"I didn't know how deep your love was for him." Athena moves the hair out of my face as I lay on her lap. I cried three times today. Two out of those three times were in the past hour.

"It sucks." I state.

"How does it suck?" She asks, a frown forming on her face.

"Because, I'm sad I'm not with him but I can't be with him. How could I expect to trust him with a baby if I couldn't trust him protecting me?" I state.

This has been my thought process since I found out about the pregnancy.

He failed to protect me and I don't want to put a child into a situation like that, all because of a stupid work plan.

"You have a point. I hate that your going through this. I wish we could have a great pregnancy journey together, without the stress. I swear, I think I might just show Aaron a taste of his own medicine." She says, raking her hands through my hair. My hair feels tangled.

The door opens and I turn my head to the side.

Reid walks in first and goes straight for Athena.

He hugs her before kissing her forehead. And then he sits next to her and wraps his arm around her shoulder.

I sit up and fix my hair.

Aaron walks in next with a familiar face behind him.

My eyes widen as I realize who she is.

Aaron plays with my hair as I lay on his chest, tracing circles around his nipple.

"What are you thinking about, amore?" He asks, I tilt my head up to look at him and give him a light smile.

"My mom." I state, plainly.

"You've never told me what your mom is like. Maybe you should give me some tips before I ask for your hand in marriage." He states, calmly. He's acting like what he didn't just said isn't making my heart go crazy and my face turns into the brightest shade of red ever.

"My mom's the best. She's been my best friend since I was basically born. It's hard to choose between her and Athena, they both share the same quality's. She never judges my decisions and gives me the best advice. She would feed into my delusions about all of the guys I dated." I smile, remembering how much I love my mom. I analyze Aaron's facial features as he smiles down at me. "And she kind of filled the role of both of my parents, ever since my dad went missing she's been playing both the mom and dad role. What about you? What are your parents like?"

I move my leg to drape it over his, which makes the dogs at the end of the bed bring their head up to see what the commotion was before falling back asleep.

Aaron's face turns into a frown. "My dad died when I was four and my mom died when I graduated high school." He states and the smile on my face drops. I feel bad for asking.

"So you have no family?" I ask, and hug him which causes me to stop drawing circles around his nipple.

"No, I do. My sister. Ayla. When our mom died I had to take over legally as her guardian. She's the only family I have. I count Reid and Donovan as brothers though, we've known each other forever." His smile appears again. He reaches over to the bedside table and grabs his phone.

He taps on it a few times before flipping the phone around to show me what's on the screen, it's a picture of Aaron with his sister, at her graduation.