Exhausted - Seb x Lewis

"You just let me hold you, and I'll never let go."

Seb sighed loudly rubbing his tired eyes. A glance at the clock sitting by his bedside table told him it was one-thirty am.

Great.

For the past three months, Seb hadn't been able to get a good, or a whole night's sleep.
Whether it was his mind going berserk or a horrible nightmare that made him wake in a cold sweat, the four-time world champion couldn't get a good night's sleep.

He'd tried all sorts of things; yoga, stretching, different herbal teas, reading, no screens before bed, getting up early and going to bed early, no food before bed, cold showers. Yet nothing, try as he might, would work.
And it was getting worse. The lack of sleep paired with jet lag and prolonged stress-filled days, the German driver was starting to see and feel the consequences. Large dark circles had grown under his eyes, he had lost a worrying amount of weight, and he was beggining to become quite poorly.
Seb looked sickly, and though he tried to hide it he felt sickly too.

Letting out a groan he gave in and picked up his phone, the bright blue hue illuminating his tired face.

He scrolled through the dozens of notifications, most of them being text messages since he didn't have social media. Seb stopped when a message from Lewis. Seb was somewhat surprised to see a message sent from fellow driver and world champion Lewis Hamilton, though not entirely. They were dear friends after all. It's just they've never had much digital contact. Probably because they were alway together...

The message read;

Hey Seb! Just checking in on you. I've noticed you looked a little worn today on track. Hope you get a good night's sleep and feel free to call any time if you need a chat.
xx

Seb felt his heart jump a little in his chest as his eyes scanned the screen. He could feel his cheeks flush a soft red and a smile worked its way across his face. Putting his phone away he curled back up in the covers, closing his eyes he still had a soft smile as he managed to drift off.

Two hours later Seb woke up, his body covered in sweat and his mind racing. His chest was heaving as he sucked in air. Quickly he wiped the sweat from his forehead sitting up in bed. The nightmare was still fresh in his mind. The steering wheel ripped from his grip, the car spinning out of control. The crunch of impact sent the shining Mercedes flying into the barrier. He could still see the bright flames springing around the silver vehicle, the front half of it buried in the barrier. Quickly he shook the image from his mind, but that didn't stop the tears pricking at the corners of his eyes. Soon enough he was sitting in the darkness of his hotel bedroom, tears falling freely down his cheeks. Seb sniffed loudly, running his hand under his nose to wipe away the snot. Seb stayed sitting, quietly crying for quite a while. He felt so empty, so cold and so lonely. His mind began to wander, and the image of a muscular, kind-eyed world champion happened to pop up. Seb wasn't sure what it was about Lewis, but just thinking about his wholesome eyes and warm embrace made his stomach erupt into butterflies like a little schoolgirl. Suddenly, Seb remembered the message he had received from the said driver.

Seb scrambled for his phone, unlocking it and scrolling through his contacts till he landed on Lewis'. Without thinking about the ungodly hour it was Seb dialled the number. He sat and waited, the phone ringing again and again. A hurt feeling was just starting to pool in the bottom of his stomach, and he was just about to hang up when suddenly a voice filled his ears.

"Hello? Seb?" Lewis's voice was deep and raspy. Seb had woken him. Butterflies filled his stomach as he heard Lewis' deep voice.
"Hello?" Lewis tried again seeing as Seb hadn't answered.